I have issues with creating Morphs....

Thomas WindarThomas Windar Posts: 272
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

So I used Hexagon to create a special toon morph for Genesis 2 Female. I followed this tutorial, but the rigging of the figure is always messed up. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6483/

Here is what I do:

1. I exported the G2F model into Hexagon with the Hexagon Bridge option.
2. I made my desired changes to the model in Hexagon.
3. I bring it back to DAZ Studio with the DAZ bridge function of Hexagon.
4. I apply the morph on the figure.
5. I dial the morph to 100%.
6. I take the Joint editor > Edit > Adjust Rigging to Shape > Check the Adjust Orientation option and and Accept.
7. Now the figure seems to work correctly. However now the problems start.
8. I got to the Parameter tab, select Edit Mode and select ERC Freeze on the Morph I made.
9. I make sure to UNCHECK the "Restore Figure Rigging" like the tutorial says.
10. I click accept. Now the whole rigging gets messed up.
11. If I try to save the morph - upon loading the rigging of the figure is messed up again. The morph doesn't modify the rig...

I don't know what to do now.... Do I select Memorize Rigging after I adjust it to the shape? If I do that, the Geografts get messed up....

Anybody could tell me what I am doing wrong? Is the tutorial missing something? Is this a program error?

I am using The 4.8 DAZ Studio beta, so maybe its a program error... but I am probably doing something wrong.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,074
    edited December 1969

Don't uncheck restore rigging - the rigging will be adjusted by the morph after freezing so it should be put back i its base state.

• Thomas WindarThomas Windar Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

Thank you, that fixed my problem.

I knew I was doing something dumb.