Transferred everything to new PC but Install Manager shows nothing installed

DarthDDarthD Posts: 259
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Everything appears to be in Daz Studio but Install Manager shows nothing. Is there a way to make it search for installed content?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,011
    edited December 1969

Did you install with the Install Manager? It won't see items it didn't install.

• DarthDDarthD Posts: 259
    edited December 1969

Everything was installed with Install Manager originally. I copied it to move to the new computer.

edited December 1969

Ah, then did you copy the \DAZ 3D\Install Manager\Manifests folder from your public documents folder on the old system? (I think that's the right path - not certain about the Install Manager folder.) That is where DIM keeps track of what it has installed. Of course that will work only if the content directories are in the same place on your new system.

edited December 1969

I have a solid state boot drive now so I moved all the data to another larger drive. I moved all document folders to that drive also but I guess Install manager needs the manifest on the C drive. It created a new Manifest there so I copied the old one in that place. its working now. Thank you

edited December 1969

You can override the location of the manifests folder - but it entails editing the .ini file. Go to

C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\UserAccounts

and open Account.ini, then add the path you want (with / as the folder separator) to

OverrideManifestDir=

You can use the next line to set the location for downloaded thumbnails, if you use them.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

There is an override for thumbnails too that you may want to change as they probably eat up more storage than the manifests.

edited December 1969

Thank I may try this later on. I see the override for thumbnails also.

DownloadPath=C:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/Downloads
    CurInstallPath=E:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library
    Software64Path=C:/Program Files
    Software32Path=C:/Program Files (x86)
    AutoInstall=true
    AutoDelete=false
    ShowTips=true
    ShowProductInfo=true
    MarkInstalledContentAsNew=true
    OverrideManifestDir=
    OverrideThumbnailDir=
    CurrentTabIndex=0

edited May 2015

Rendering this scene on my old computer took 52 minutes 2 seconds. My new computer did it in 11 minutes 46 seconds. I'm very happy with those results.

Upload.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 339K
    Post edited by DarthD on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,169

You can override the location of the manifests folder - but it entails editing the .ini file. Go to

C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\UserAccounts

and open Account.ini, then add the path you want (with / as the folder separator) to

OverrideManifestDir=

You can use the next line to set the location for downloaded thumbnails, if you use them.

This was very helpful. I moved both the manifests and thumbnails.