can't find aniMate lite in daz studio 4.7

CREATXRCREATXR Posts: 6
edited December 1969 in New Users

there is not aniMate tab with timeline tab.
how can i active the aniMate tab?
it's a new install of daz studio 4.7.
thanks.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You need to load it yourself from Window > Panes (Tabs) Animate, then drag it to the bottom and dock it next to the timeline.

• CREATXRCREATXR Posts: 6
    edited May 2015

it seems that aniMate with daz studio 4.7 is not a lite version?
    i have to pay it?
    because in help->plugins it's disabled.
    i think that in the quick start guide, all is free..?

Post edited by CREATXR on
    edited December 1969

The Lite version should still be free with 4.7 as far as I know.

If you try to enter a serial number in there, then it may be disabled. If that is what you have done, you will need to write to Support using the 'Contact Us' button at the bottom of the forum pages.

The plugin works as Animate 2 for 30 days, then it should revert to Animate Lite, if that has not happened you need to contact Support.

• patriciorojas7patriciorojas7 Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

I had the same problem a few days ago. After trying different things, I finally solved the problem by uninstalling and installing everything. I also took the opportunity to install the new version 4.8.I hope it works for you.
    Greetings to all.

edited December 1969

At worst, you would only need to uninstall and re-install the program itself.

The content is separate to the program, and does not need to be touched.

edited December 1969

i uninstalled ver4.7 and installed ver4.8.
    animate is still disabled.

edited December 1969

CREATXR said:
    i uninstalled ver4.7 and installed ver4.8.
    animate is still disabled.

You will need to open a Support ticket by clicking on the 'Contact Us' button at the bottom of the forum here.

Only Support can help you, but they don't work at the weekend, and it is after 5:00 pm in Utah now. I would go ahead and file the ticket anyway, and when DAZ 3D get into work on Monday they will be able to look at it.
  • tiamariareadertiamariareader Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Its a known bug and we are still waiting for it to be corrected :-( I want my animate back.!! :P
    If you manually add it, then it will keep disappearing again on every update .. or so I'm led to believe?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,322
    edited December 1969

It doesn't happen to everyone - which is why we ask if the DS serial number has been entered for AniMate by mistake. I still have AniMate Lite functional in my copy of DS with no further action.

edited December 1969

someone gave me a fixed .dll.

it's ok now.

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/requests/193305#/satisfaction

• j256_99j256_99 Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

I am affected by the same missing animate bug.Where can I find the dll file that I can install until the fix is released? I can't find it anywhere on the Daz website.

Thanks!

edited December 1969

You need to open a Support ticket by using the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the forum.

That is what CREATXR did. Support may be able to advise you of where to find the file if it is available.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

To be clear there is no general 'fix' needed from DAZ. Those of you that are experiencing problems must have done something to bork your plug-in, like putting the Studio Pro serial number into the Animate 2 plug-in serial number slot.

edited December 1969

Others have said that DAZ support informed them it was a bug and not a user error. I have never entered any serial number for animate and I as others, cannot access either animate or animate lite.

I will contact DAZ support and find out for sure.

edited December 1969

Just an update on this issue. There is a known defect with the animate application in DAZ3D at least for some. I opened a ticket to DAZ support regarding this and here is the response I received:

Yes there is a issue with the aniMate plugin that effects some users. Below is the temp aniMate file and the instructions on what to do with it.

1. Download the aniMate plugin file.
    2. Move the plugin file to C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins
    3. When asked to overwrite the file already in that directory click yes.

Let me know if you have any other questions.