No Product Key For FaceGen

EudissEudiss Posts: 4

Hello,

I downloaded FaceGen Artist Pro b/c it was on sale here at Daz.  The issue I am having is that its asks for a key, but to my knowledge, I didn't receive one.  Anyone know what I am supposed to do about this?

Comments

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 476

Have you tried looking in My account -> serial numbers? 

• EudissEudiss Posts: 4

I did not, now I see it though.  Thanks for the help!

• I used my key and FaceGen is telling me I've installed it too many times. Now I have to wait for a reply from FaceGen customer support. Anyone else having this issue? It's not my fault that Windows 10 has given me so many issues in the past six months after a disaster Windows 11 Install that made me have to reformat my HD three times, and I just got my PC from the shop last month after a Blue Screen Of Death and another C: reformat.

There is a rare problem on Win 10 machines that results in vanishing files. I never know when my personal photographs are going to be in empty directories with only a desktop.ini file staring me in the face. Maybe I just have too many files, period, but I like my files, and I want them all. So far I never lost programs, or files vital to programs, so I count myself very lucky. But it is high up on my list of Windows 10 problems that I have to deal with, and I am constantly recopying files from my many backups. Add to this a new PC that should be blazingly fast, yet I am waiting up to 30 seconds for the stupid clipboard to paste a simple email address into my Gmail. This is the same in all programs, not just my browser. Even Notepad does this. My word processor hangs in the middle of my typing a scene that I am desperate to get onto the page before I forget parts of it. Then it finally pastes the partial sentence and I find I have misspelled several words because I couldn't see what I was typing.

I am fit to be tied, needless to say. When I can afford to do it, I am going to have my stupid SSD C: drive replaced with a cavernous internal traditional drive that can hold all my tons of files. Getting that SSD was the all-time stupidest hardware decision I have ever made, and I will never have one as my main drive again. It is too small to hold much and it's too much trouble to point everything at my portable drives. Why can't someone at Microsoft care enough to fix Windows 10 so I can point my programs at whatever hard drive I want to? I never understood the logic in forcing corporate norms of multitudinous deployment and policies and accounts on a PC that only has one user: Me.

Ok, rant over, at least until someone at FaceGen responds to my email and saves my sanity. 

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,019
    edited June 2022

DanniStories said:

I used my key and FaceGen is telling me I've installed it too many times. Now I have to wait for a reply from FaceGen customer support. Anyone else having this issue? It's not my fault that Windows 10 has given me so many issues in the past six months after a disaster Windows 11 Install that made me have to reformat my HD three times, and I just got my PC from the shop last month after a Blue Screen Of Death and another C: reformat.

There is a rare problem on Win 10 machines that results in vanishing files. I never know when my personal photographs are going to be in empty directories with only a desktop.ini file staring me in the face. Maybe I just have too many files, period, but I like my files, and I want them all. So far I never lost programs, or files vital to programs, so I count myself very lucky. But it is high up on my list of Windows 10 problems that I have to deal with, and I am constantly recopying files from my many backups. Add to this a new PC that should be blazingly fast, yet I am waiting up to 30 seconds for the stupid clipboard to paste a simple email address into my Gmail. This is the same in all programs, not just my browser. Even Notepad does this. My word processor hangs in the middle of my typing a scene that I am desperate to get onto the page before I forget parts of it. Then it finally pastes the partial sentence and I find I have misspelled several words because I couldn't see what I was typing.

I am fit to be tied, needless to say. When I can afford to do it, I am going to have my stupid SSD C: drive replaced with a cavernous internal traditional drive that can hold all my tons of files. Getting that SSD was the all-time stupidest hardware decision I have ever made, and I will never have one as my main drive again. It is too small to hold much and it's too much trouble to point everything at my portable drives. Why can't someone at Microsoft care enough to fix Windows 10 so I can point my programs at whatever hard drive I want to? I never understood the logic in forcing corporate norms of multitudinous deployment and policies and accounts on a PC that only has one user: Me.

Ok, rant over, at least until someone at FaceGen responds to my email and saves my sanity. 

It is not uncommon for some software programs to reject a used key. There's another company whose programs I liked BUT getting a key also involved making long distance phone calls so I no longer buy any of their programs. They were all lost after the first reinstall of the XP OS years back. 

As to vanishing files, W10 has a very annoying habit of putting unused drives "to sleep" so they need a bit of time to "wake up" when action is required with them. If "suddenly" everything seems to be gone, don't panic, it's likely still there, just couldn't be read. Reboot the computer. Also yes, some folders do seem to max out with certain files ... too many .png files in one folder did weird things .. solution was to transfer the lot to another folder. Everything transferred over just fine.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on