Downloading Options

2»

Comments

• wildbillnashwildbillnash Posts: 713

Richard Haseltine said:

You shoukldn't have a Users folder in Program Files, it should be in the root C: drive.

Oops, my bad. It was a typo. The second address was C:\Users\Public\Pubic Documents with two Daz folders in it. I do have an empty Daz 3D folder in the Program Files.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,945

That means you have the default locations for install manager and Daz Central in use, which as I said should not happen unless you reset the second one to use its defaults instead of continuing with the settings from the first.

Richard Haseltine said:

That means you have the default locations for install manager and Daz Central in use, which as I said should not happen unless you reset the second one to use its defaults instead of continuing with the settings from the first.

Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about. Are the files i download from the site stored in DIM? I really don't want to have DAZ Central because of its incapability of downloading all the files with one click. How can I check the default locations?

Those are the locations for files isntalled through one of the isntallers - one folder (in Public Documents) is the default location for DIM to place files, the othe is the default for Daz Central. It seems clear that you have had both application isntalled, and used them both, and reset their paths to their defaults as otherwise both would, so far as I know, use the settings from whichever you used first.

Hmmm, okay. I thinking of taking a few steps back. This morning I came up with the idea of just uninstalling the files using DIM and DC. Once that is done, is there a way to uninstall DC only? Then, can I somehow change the locations where the files will be downloaded to while only using DIM?

You can configure where DIM places its files through Advanced Settings (and even if you then use Daz Central it should respect those settings).

edited May 2022

Thanks. But how do you go about doing that? Is there a video that shows the process?

Just found something. The image shows what I just found. If I uninstall all the files, then go into Daz Studio and play around with what's shown in the image, will that work?

And here is where my lack of knowledge sets in. If I can do it this way, will I need to type the folders needed in D drive before assigning the paths?

Screenshot (7).png
    1920 x 1080 - 520K
    Post edited by wildbillnash on
  • jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 478

I think I learned much about using DIM's advanced setting a couple of years ago by watching a video by the WP Guru, Jay Versluis.  Several times, he has included a short tutorial on how to do this in a Daz Studio video tutorial on a broader topic such as Installing DAZ Studio with Install Manager (DIM) on a fresh Windows system (December 2021).  You can find it on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZau8cv5saQ ; the part specifically about DIM's advanced settings starts at  the 9:50 point but it's worth watching the earlier part where he discusses content paths in Daz Studio. Another of his videos on this topic is DAZ Studio 111: Installing Content in a Second Directory at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8eiIhiSAcs.

Thanks for the info and links, jjoyner. I'll check them out shortly.

jjoyer, thanks for the link. It did the trick, almost. Several files didn't download. Gonna have to check on that. Thanks again.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 478

@wildbillnash - Glad to be of assistance.