The Missed It By That Much to Get a Bacon Steak Sandwich Complaint Thread

Comments

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Ah the late 60's and early 70's, when advertisers tried to make young men believe that the right cologne would make beautiful women fall insanely in love with them. :lol:
    By the way, they don't work. I know, I tried them. :red:

i'll tell ya what works on me, might not count as i'm not a beautiful woman.

sandalwood!

i was on my lunch break on 2nd avenue and 43rd, a dude walked by, left a whiff of sandalwood, i followed him a couple blocks, he smelled that awesome.

dunno if they still make it, Crabtree of Eveland(?) made a sandalwood product for men.

Crabtree and Evelyn. Essential Oils. Makes (or made) a killer patchouli as well. Ian Hatton, guitar player extraordinaire used to wear it all the time when we were hanging out in the early 2000's.

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075
    edited December 1969

TroutFace said:
    tjohn said:
    Ah the late 60's and early 70's, when advertisers tried to make young men believe that the right cologne would make beautiful women fall insanely in love with them. :lol:

Axe doesn't work, either! :shut:

Well, think about it... when you cover yourself with the smell of axe what do you expect other than flies?

Never thought about it that way... :red:

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    TroutFace said:
    This new thread smells like bacon.

BACCCCCCCOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN! :cheese: :coolsmile:

Ostrich!

Oh boy spending far too much time on freeways :lol:
    Albatross!

edited December 1969

I need to spend more time with Bryce.. seen some amazing abstract art, which is what I need as images for my music!

Lunch: two hot dogs (one with yellow mustard, one with spicy brown mustard) and a bottle of PowerAde Zero. Nice! :)

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,452
    edited December 1969

TroutFace said:
    TroutFace said:
    tjohn said:

Well, think about it... when you cover yourself with the smell of axe what do you expect other than flies?

Of course you realize, I speakx with a lixp.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited December 1969

TroutFace said:
    ps1borg said:
    TroutFace said:

Ostrich!

Alfred Hitchcock was right! :ahhh: INCOMING BIRDS!

...the current "classic" feature offering at the pub/cinema down the street.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

sandalwood!

i was on my lunch break on 2nd avenue and 43rd, a dude walked by, left a whiff of sandalwood, i followed him a couple blocks, he smelled that awesome.

dunno if they still make it, Crabtree of Eveland(?) made a sandalwood product for men.
    ...what doesn't work on me...patchouli. Still quite popular for some reason here. It usually signals "I'm A Vegan!"

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited December 1969

Tea Party Drop. :)

Little_Belles_Tea_Party.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 405K
    edited June 2015

Kyoto Kid said:
    tjohn said:

sandalwood!

...what doesn't work on me...patchouli. Still quite popular for some reason here. It usually signals "I'm A Vegan!"

Interesting! The mere mention of the word "Pachouli" takes me back to 1960/70s headshops with tie-dye shirts, blacklight posters, bongs, pipes, and clouds of incense mostly patchouli seeping into my clothes and hair, and hoping the guy I knew was behind the counter and that he had some of that "special" incense under the counter. %-P

However, I had a fit of nostalgia a year or so ago and went out and found some incense and a good burner and tried to bring back the atmosphere. Yuk, what was I thinking? Gag me with a spoon. :sick: And that smell persists for weeks and tars build up on my woodwork and I had to scrub out the incense burner with steel wool to get rid of the smell. I guess the difference is that I don't smoke (anything) anymore, and can tell who has when they get upwind of me. :shut:

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Da cute :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

sandalwood!

Crabtree and Evelyn. Essential Oils. Makes (or made) a killer patchouli as well. Ian Hatton, guitar player extraordinaire used to wear it all the time when we were hanging out in the early 2000's.

that was the one. Crabtree and Evelyn. Thanks.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    TroutFace said:
    ps1borg said:
    TroutFace said:

Ostrich!

Alfred Hitchcock was right! :ahhh: INCOMING BIRDS!

...the current "classic" feature offering at the pub/cinema down the street.

racing ostrich buggy luv that one. :)

makes me want to watch prince of persia again.

edited December 1969

TroutFace said:
    TroutFace said:
    tjohn said:

Of course you realize, I speakx with a lixp.

ox musk? :lol:

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

TroutFace said:
    I need to spend more time with Bryce.. seen some amazing abstract art, which is what I need as images for my music!

Lunch: two hot dogs (one with yellow mustard, one with spicy brown mustard) and a bottle of PowerAde Zero. Nice! :)

I support spending as much time in Bryce as possible

torusknot2.jpg
    875 x 875 - 503K
    edited June 2015

:bug: 79 cent sale at rdna. ice cold real deal.

Post edited by Mistara on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,178
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

So very cute!!!

Dana

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,178
    edited December 1969

[... I guess the difference is that I don't smoke (anything) anymore, and can tell who has when they get upwind of me. :shut:

Me, too! One of my sisters still smokes, and I can smell it really bad when she comes in. I don't allow smoking in my house. But sometimes it bothers me anyway.

Dana

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Sun haz gone missing today again, hiding somewhere in a featureless grey and breathless morning :)

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    TroutFace said:

Still the best for whatever is wondrous strange :)

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    [... I guess the difference is that I don't smoke (anything) anymore, and can tell who has when they get upwind of me. :shut:

Me, too! One of my sisters still smokes, and I can smell it really bad when she comes in. I don't allow smoking in my house. But sometimes it bothers me anyway.

Dana

smoke free zone here as well :)

edited June 2015

need a store filter to filter out the iray stuff :bug: cuz now it's just irritating :grumpypants:

AMD dual core. onboard (dunno) chipset graphics. 4gb

Twin overhead 6GB Radeon cards here *empathizes*

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited June 2015

Not a complaint, just an annoyance. I've been trying to retire from PC computer repair business. It was interesting for a few years but now that I have regular retirement income (Social Security) and can live on that, I've lost my interest in slaving over misbehaving toy computers managed by the uninformed. :roll:

I'd been pretty successful and except for a few old good customers (big tippers) I just say "No, I don't do that no more, no how, no way." It has been nearly two months since I've had a request, but my best tipper called today so I begrudgingly agreed to do a house call but immediately determined that I couldn't fix her problem in a timely manner at the house so I brought it back to my lab. Four hours later I had her problem solved but two months away from the business had let my brain drain of all sorts of useful information that I used to have quick access to. (Use it or lose it.) :down:

If I move to that trailer park in Florida I can see myself unwillingly becoming the computer kid among the octogenarians who want to Skype with their great grandchildren from an XP or Vista machine. :shut:

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited December 1969

no wanna hike to the bus stop this morning >.< no happy feet.

would someone drive me to the bus stop? :cheese:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    need a store filter to filter out the iray stuff :bug: cuz now it's just irritating :grumpypants:

6gb radeons at the end of the rainbow :)

edited December 1969

Not a complaint, just an annoyance. I've been trying to retire from PC computer repair business. It was interesting for a few years but now that I have regular retirement income (Social Security) and can live on that, I've lost my interest in slaving over misbehaving toy computers managed by the uninformed. :roll:

I'd been pretty successful and except for a few old good customers (big tippers) I just say "No, I don't do that no more, no how, no way." It has been nearly two months since I've had a request, but my best tipper called today so I begrudgingly agreed to do a house call but immediately determined that I couldn't fix her problem in a timely manner at the house so I brought it back to my lab. Four hours later I had her problem solved but two months away from the business had let my brain drain of all sorts of useful information that I used to have quick access to. (Use it or lose it.) :down:

If I move to that trailer park in Florida I can see myself unwillingly becoming the computer kid among the octogenarians who want to Skype with their great grandchildren from an XP or Vista machine. :shut:

make up a rate card. collect up front. :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

6gb radeons at the end of the rainbow :)

They take care of Final Cut rays but not the i ones :lol:

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    TroutFace said:

Bryce is flat-out superior to Daz Studio for doing abstract album-cover stuff. I fight with DS to produce anything memorable, one hour with Bryce and I have something suitable for an ambient track. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Sun haz gone missing today again, hiding somewhere in a featureless grey and breathless morning :)

Complain to the power company that the big bright light in the sky has gone out!!! ;-)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Aww, cute! :cheese:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,124
    edited December 1969

TroutFace said:
    ps1borg said:

Complain to the power company that the big bright light in the sky has gone out!!! ;-)

I found the sun and it is here.

This discussion has been closed.