edited December 1969 in The Commons

http://www.daz3d.com/bijou-for-genesis-2-female-s

And I thought ZBrush was expensive. :lol:

Screen_Shot_2015-06-11_at_3.52_.18_PM_.png
1283 x 591 - 628K

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567
    edited December 1969

This item is a freebie I believe they give out to people on their birthday or anniversary. Sorry I don't recall which. It is priced high so that people don't buy it.

• duane_moodyduane_moody Posts: 130
    edited December 1969

Wouldn't it be easier just to put it in their checkout cart and leave the price as-is?

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

Ah, she's on special for me for the low, low price of $195.95

What is someone accidentally buys her and then finds out they give her out as a freebie? O_o

Weird...

edited December 1969

Saiyaness said:

Why would the system come up with two different disincentive prices?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Saiyaness said:

Because DAZ math works in strange and mysterious ways only known to a gaggle of government bean counters, in some subbasement, somewhere...

But it looks like it's only an arm for a select few instead of the arm and leg for the rest of us (half off, you know).

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,899
    edited December 1969

I grabbed a bunch of free spaceship models, loved them. And then I was looking at space ship models elsewhere and was thinking 'hmm, $10? That might be doable, it looks pretty cool...'

And then I came across this really cool, large-scale ship model and thought 'wow, that might be neat to get... for the low low price of ... $105.'

... yeeeeeah.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Saiyaness said:

Because PC+ members get a discount on DAZ Originals.

edited December 1969

Saiyaness said:

Because PC+ members get a discount on DAZ Originals.

The backend knows the user's a PC+ member or not, it knows the user's had an anniversary or not, but it can't just show the stock price to the rest of the users and let us buy stuff at the normal price? It can't just be free to the customer with an anniversary, it has to be unavailable to the rest of your user base?

Is there some precedent for this in other online stores I'm not aware of?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It's meant to be a special gift that's only available as a gift.

edited December 1969

If I had something made available to me for free as a user for a day, I'd feel good but if I knew it was being effectively denied to anyone else for that day, I'd feel pretty rotten. They might actually need that asset or be on a project deadline that doesn't really care about special gifts.

Please accept my apologies in advance if this is some cultural thing I'm missing (it wouldn't be the first time), but I've never encountered a premium system like that before.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

Will there be a male character like this given as a gift?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,927
    edited December 1969

Which aniversary or Birthday is that? I have never gotten it for either but I did coincidently get a lovely 3D print of V6 in Smays bodysuit shooting two hardcore guns my last Birthday so not complaining.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Wh

at is someone accidentally buys her and then finds out they give her out as a freebie? O_o

The whole point of the price is to keep people from doing it. The only way to make it exclusive and still have it in the store was to price it so high that people did not purchase it. Those who were given it got a coupon to cover the cost of the product. It is simply the way the store works.

edited December 1969

Khory said:
    Wh
    at is someone accidentally buys her and then finds out they give her out as a freebie? O_o

The whole point of the price is to keep people from doing it. The only way to make it exclusive and still have it in the store was to price it so high that people did not purchase it. Those who were given it got a coupon to cover the cost of the product. It is simply the way the store works.

Except there is a problem with that approach...

Technically, I would end up having to pay $21 for a 'free' item...supposedly I would have to pay sales tax on it, before the coupon was applied...and since my state doesn't actually collect sales tax on internet purchases, it expects me to send them what the tax would be, if it were purchased in state. But items that are a 'gift' or free without a coupon don't get sales tax applied. (and you (general you, not Khory, specifically) thought your locale had wacky tax rules...)

• RbugRbug Posts: 166
    edited December 1969

ok i thought daz was having a spasmotic attack this is a ridiculas price for sure......

edited June 2015

Khory said:
    The only way to make it exclusive and still have it in the store was to price it so high that people did not purchase it. Those who were given it got a coupon to cover the cost of the product. It is simply the way the store works.

For the record I've been a customer since 2000, a member of this iteration of the forum since 2003, and I don't remember seeing any announcements of premiums for either my birthday or the anniversary of my signup (at least not in my inbox). If there's a web page you can point me to letting me know about this rewards program and its eligibility requirements (e.g., annual spending), I'd appreciate it.

Post edited by duane_moody on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567
    edited December 1969

Not much is known about the requirements, I'm afraid. It has only recently begun to be a 'thing'.

edited December 1969

I think maybe like my 3D print (which was not actually for my birthday just happened to come that week) it is random
    the print was sent to a selected group of about 1K I recall.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

How did anyone find this product? It doesn't show up in store searches...

Clipboard01.jpg
    1215 x 333 - 71K
    edited June 2015

I do not have my Birthday in my profile BTW as I do not in anything I can avoid it publically at least inc Facebook.
    I see Duane does not either.
    So that could well be a factor.
    I have no problem revealing mine, it is St Valentines day but giving a numerical date a red flag for scammers and hackers bit like sharing my drivers license number and tax file number IMO.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

she looks like Paget Brewster

edited December 1969

Technically, I would end up having to pay $21 for a ‘free’ item…supposedly I would have to pay sales tax on it, before the coupon was applied…and since my state doesn’t actually collect sales tax on internet purchases, it expects me to send them what the tax would be, if it were purchased in state. But items that are a ‘gift’ or free without a coupon don’t get sales tax applied. (and you (general you, not Khory, specifically) thought your locale had wacky tax rules…)

So if you go to Macy's and use a coupon to get 10% off your purchase they charge you the sales tax on the full price of the purchase and not on the part your paying? What state is this that charges tax on products you don't actually have to pay for? I know that my state expects a higher tax rate on Internet purchases than I actually would pay in my home county but Georgia still does not tax you on money you don't spend.

edited December 1969

Khory said:
    Technically, I would end up having to pay $21 for a ‘free’ item…supposedly I would have to pay sales tax on it, before the coupon was applied…and since my state doesn’t actually collect sales tax on internet purchases, it expects me to send them what the tax would be, if it were purchased in state. But items that are a ‘gift’ or free without a coupon don’t get sales tax applied. (and you (general you, not Khory, specifically) thought your locale had wacky tax rules…)

So if you go to Macy's and use a coupon to get 10% off your purchase they charge you the sales tax on the full price of the purchase and not on the part your paying? What state is this that charges tax on products you don't actually have to pay for? I know that my state expects a higher tax rate on Internet purchases than I actually would pay in my home county but Georgia still does not tax you on money you don't spend.

Yep...WV.

You pay sales tax on the pre-coupon price. The nice thing is, just two years ago, now, they took off the sales tax on food purchases...so now food coupons are actually worth using.

edited December 1969

It seems like cheating to tax you on what you don't spend. But I doubt if the people who did get her would have wanted DAZ to not give her to them just because one state is crazy about taxes. And that really is the choice. Price it so that people won't buy it so they an give it away or don't give it away at all.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,621
    edited December 1969

...hmm I get her for 244.97$. 30% DO discount only

She's actually quite lovely and would so well for ,my Rita Kovec character....but not at 244$.

Never was given a free model on my B'Day, just a 5$ coupon on a purchase of 40$.

edited December 1969

I don't think this was tied to birthdays..

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,621
    edited December 1969

....maybe for hitting 20,000 posts? ;-)

edited December 1969

Khory said:
    It seems like cheating to tax you on what you don't spend. But I doubt if the people who did get her would have wanted DAZ to not give her to them just because one state is crazy about taxes. And that really is the choice. Price it so that people won't buy it so they an give it away or don't give it away at all.

Now, of course if it wasn't done with a coupon...that would be a different matter, entirely...although if it were done as a voucher, only redeemable on that item, I'd probably have to count it as income... :roll:

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

There was discussion about this product in this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/54795/P15/#812373 which also gave explanations.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,371
    edited June 2015

Well, it's my birthday and I didn't get Bijou (or any other present)) from DAZ. I guess I'm just not special enough.

Oh well, I did get a birthday coupon from one of the other sites; so I'll go over there to spend it

Post edited by Charlie Judge on