Daz Multiple Geoshells in Relation to Anatomical Elements

Hi Everyone, I know that in order to use multiple geoshells, they each need to be slightly offfset from each other.  However, one issue I'm having, is that wearing a geoshell while also applying anatomical elements.  When wearing a geoshell, then applying anatomical elements, the anatomical elmeents turn white, as if they are geoshells themselves. The problem is, these anatomical elemnts do not have an offset feature from what I can tell.  Has anyone found a workaround for this specific issue?  I've also tried applying anatomical element first, then geoshells, but causes same "white" error on anaotmical mats.

Comments

• DireWorksDireWorks Posts: 133

Do you parent the geoshell to the figure or to the geograft?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,051

The white part is because the anatomical elements have their own surfaces. The geoshell inherits all surfaces from the figure and anatomical elements, but the material for your geoshell don't include settings for the surfaces corresponding to the anatomical elements, so those surfaces of the geoshell stay white.

Depending on what the shell should do, you will need to set those surfaces transparent on the geoshell or copy surface setting from one of the other surfaces of the geoshell (usually torso/body) and paste them to the white surfaces.

• lioncrudlioncrud Posts: 18

DireWorks said:

Do you parent the geoshell to the figure or to the geograft?

Geoshell parented to figure i believe.  The geoshell(s) are a make up set with seperate shells for lips, blush, eyeliner etc.  Based on comments it seems the issue is that these shelss have no maps for anatomical elements.  Going to see if there is a way to make lower body area/ groin area transparnet on the make up geoshells

Leana said:

The white part is because the anatomical elements have their own surfaces. The geoshell inherits all surfaces from the figure and anatomical elements, but the material for your geoshell don't include settings for the surfaces corresponding to the anatomical elements, so those surfaces of the geoshell stay white.

Depending on what the shell should do, you will need to set those surfaces transparent on the geoshell or copy surface setting from one of the other surfaces of the geoshell (usually torso/body) and paste them to the white surfaces.

Thank you so much, this tip worked and I was able to solve the issue.  For future users with this issue, what I did was:   1-- select geoshell (in my case, the make up geoshells), 2-- go into surfaces tab. 3-- navigate to the Genitalia Surface in the geoshell. 4 -- turn the opacity down to 0.00.  Repeat this on all geoshells.  After doing this on all geoshells, the gens mats now display correctly, along with the geoshells at the same time.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,276
    edited July 2022

lioncrud said:

Leana said:

Thank you so much, this tip worked and I was able to solve the issue.  For future users with this issue, what I did was:   1-- select geoshell (in my case, the make up geoshells), 2-- go into surfaces tab. 3-- navigate to the Genitalia Surface in the geoshell. 4 -- turn the opacity down to 0.00.  Repeat this on all geoshells.  After doing this on all geoshells, the gens mats now display correctly, along with the geoshells at the same time.

The alternate way is to

1. select the geoshell
    2. go to Parameter Tab>Shell>Visibility>Surfaces
    3. and deselect the radio button for the parts of the geoshell that are white

visibility.jpg
    454 x 706 - 63K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on

nice, even easier solution. thanks!

• sarahbeeblebrxsarahbeeblebrx Posts: 5
    edited March 31

Sorry to necro-bump this thread, but with G9, I dont see any "shell" parameter under my geografts, has this been moved somewhere else? I have no further options below "Display".

Post edited by sarahbeeblebrx on
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,276

Sorry to necro-bump this thread, but with G9, I dont see any "shell" parameter under my geografts, has this been moved somewhere else? I have no further options below "Display".

The visibility applies to the geoshells and not the geograft.