Hidden body parts

NosiferretNosiferret Posts: 330
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello.
I've used a clothing item that has hidden the feet on the G2F that I'm using and I can't figure out how to get them back. I have checked all the items in question and it appears that none of them have a hide and unhide feet icon so I can't figure out which item did the deed...but I'm at a loss on what will make the feet come back. When I've gone down the figure and selected the feet, Visible is listed as 'on' and Restore selected item doesn't do anything.

So am I S.O.L on that or is there a way to get the feet back? Thanks.

Comments

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

Check the feet in the surfaces tab - is their opacity at 100%?

• NosiferretNosiferret Posts: 330
    edited June 2015

Yes I've fiddled with that as well and the feet stay invis'd

I've tried to rebuild another G2F and messed around with the same clothing items and so far none of them are cutting off the feet. So I don't know what I've done.

I went back to the Opacity slider and it is set at 100%. When I slide it to 0% I can see a small portion of the 'ankle' area starts to fade out, so what ever is hiding the feet isn't hiding the complete foot area...

I've even reapplied the skin texture to see if by any chance it would shake loose with that, but nope. According to the menu on the left the materials for the feet are still showing applied.

I had 2 sets of boots on the figure, 1 set hidden and there was also a stocking set. I'm wondering if something went rogue during a save and reopen of the character? I've had it happen in Poser before, build a character, add a clothing item, pose, save and next day went back and the file wouldn't open at all and I figured out it was the clothing item causing the problem.

I've applied the same clothing to another G2F, and I've layered it like I did. I deleted them as well and the feet are still there. I am going to try and save the character preset and see if I can morph a new G2F and see if the feet disappear or stay put.

2nd Edit: I did the save character pose and reapplied it to a new G2F model and the feet show up. So I guess the missing feet is a bug?

Post edited by Nosiferret on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,003
    edited December 1969

Did you check that the feet were hidden in renders? If this is DS, it doesn't cope well with overlapping transmapped surfaces and things can get weird in the preview, but renders should be fine.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited December 1969

If you're rendering with IRAY and have ground set then maybe the feet are below the ground?