Zooom in/out?

DekeDeke Posts: 1,614
edited December 1969 in New Users

I sure wish there were zoom in/out buttons or sliders with Daz. I find it nerve wracking to have to scroll around trying to get to a good viewing position. On big object the magnifying took is worthless…I'd be here all day just trying to scroll in or out. It would be great to have a tool where I could scroll a frame around an item in a big scene and then bam..jump to view that item full frame. Are there viewing tools I don't know about?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Select the item in the Scene pane that you want to view full frame. Click on the View:Frame icon in the Viewport Toolbar, it looks like a hollow square with a plus sign in the middle.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

The handy shortcut to frame a selected object is CTRL+F. There's also CTRL+SHIFT+A which is 'Aim At', and there's a icon on the camera controls for it. That forces the camera to orbit around the object. It's useful when you want to make something the center point of the viewport.

mac

PS You might want to look at my DS camera/lights tutorial. It's for an older version of DAZ Studio, but most of the basics haven't changed much.

http://digilander.libero.it/maclean/DStutorial.htm