Genesis 3 Not in DIM

martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,346
edited December 1969 in The Commons

It's ready to manually download in my account, but doesn't in DIM, I see in home and office and no-no! in boths

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I believe that the answer is to download the ZIP manually, then put it into the DIM downloads folder, and DIM will pick it up from there.

• azoohouseazoohouse Posts: 660
    edited December 1969

I had to actually purchase something else to get the DIM to recognize the new starter essentials download. Furthermore, it appears to not have been included in the latest Daz Studio 4.8 pro as it states because I recently updated to that also.

• BartlebyBartleby Posts: 56
    edited June 2015

You can select it in your Library then click the Download & Install button. It will open the DIM with G3 set to download, though you may need to click to give it permission. (Worked for me after I had the same issue).

Post edited by Bartleby on
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,850
    edited June 2015

gilikshe said:
    It's ready to manually download in my account, but doesn't in DIM, I see in home and office and no-no! in boths

Sometimes it shows up in a few minutes sometimes it takes a little longer to show up in DIM. This has always been the case. Nothing to be alarmed about. Also, setup your sort so that recent orders (Order Date: Recent First) or downloads show up at the top of the Ready to Download tab, so you always see them at the top of the list. Not sorting it like this is the cause of so many, "where's my order in DIM?" questions.

Post edited by nDelphi on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Chris102 said:
    You can select it in your Library then click the Download & Install button. It will open the DIM with G3 set to download, though you may need to click to give it permission. (Worked for me after I had the same issue).
    Well in my case I get

"The Account referenced is not setup in Install Manager"

even though I know it is. Same email, same password. Software lies. :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,337
    edited December 1969

I believe this has now been fixed and the package should show up for all users.

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Richard. Been looking for it all day, wouldn't load through the item list. Downloading now, expect the slowness is many others doing the same. You are one of Daz's greatest assets. I hope they appreciate that.

edited December 1969

yep all fixed now, thanks for letting us know.
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,850
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

Oh, well. In this case there was something to get alarmed about.

edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    Szark said:

Oh, well. In this case there was something to get alarmed about.LOL alarmed...na I am over all that now. I just take it all in my stride these days.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,460
    edited December 1969

It finally showed in DIM for me.

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,346
    edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    gilikshe said:

Sometimes it shows up in a few minutes sometimes it takes a little longer to show up in DIM. This has always been the case. Nothing to be alarmed about. Also, setup your sort so that recent orders (Order Date: Recent First) or downloads show up at the top of the Ready to Download tab, so you always see them at the top of the list. Not sorting it like this is the cause of so many, "where's my order in DIM?" questions.

Thanks. Unfortunately not much to sort in my orders, so is extremely easy to see if something new is there. But this evening la señorita G3F finally came to my DIM.

• jpb06tjpb06t Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

Yesterday night it appeared on DIM.

The download was the slowest I have ever experienced from DAZ (an indication of how much network traffic is G3F/V7 generating :lol:).

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited June 2015

I've got the G3female Starter Essentials, but nothing for the G3male -- and according to this it's supposed to be out too. :-/

Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

No, G3M isn't out yet.

edited December 1969

No, G3M isn't out yet.

Okaaaaaaay -- anybody know why since the G2 promo page says they're both supposed to be out? :-/
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The only thing that was announced, was G3 Female and Victoria 7.

I am sure the male version will follow in due course.

edited June 2015

One of the "GENESIS 3 Technology Advantages" listed on the G3 page is "MALE AND FEMALE BASES" (yes, in all caps) -- the G3Male's therefore been announced as being currently available as one of G3's current "Technology Advantages". So where is it? 'Cause (back on topic) it's not in my DIM.

I'm not talking about a simultaneous M7 release, although I haven't bought V7 yet and probably won't till the next good sale after M7's out. But we should have the G3Male Starter Essentials now.

Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

One of the "GENESIS 3 Technology Advantages" listed on the G3 page is "MALE AND FEMALE BASES" (yes, in all caps) -- the G3Male's therefore been announced as being currently available as one of G3's current "Technology Advantages". So where is it? 'Cause (back on topic) it's not in my DIM.

I'm not talking about a simultaneous M7 release, although I haven't bought V7 yet and probably won't till the next good sale after M7's out. But we should have the G3Male Starter Essentials now.

It also says "What this means is that the same hair, dress, and shoes you place on your 22 year old slender cheerleader will still fit her fine as you morph her into a seven foot tall ogre with a massive physique or a tricycle riding toddler off for a romp in the yard." That doesn't mean that these shapes are available now.

edited December 1969

It also says "What this means is that the same hair, dress, and shoes you place on your 22 year old slender cheerleader will still fit her fine as you morph her into a seven foot tall ogre with a massive physique or a tricycle riding toddler off for a romp in the yard." That doesn't mean that these shapes are available now.
    Those are examples of one of the technological advantages of G3, "COMPATIBILITY". Are you saying "COMPATIBILITY" isn't available now? “MALE AND FEMALE BASES” is one of the stated technological advantages of G3. So where's the G3Male base?