Genesis 3 Failures

julesduqjulesduq Posts: 16
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Just thought I would post things not working properly with Genesis 3 Please be Sure to put Daz Studio Version.
Which can be found In Help, About Daz menu.

Windows 8.1 64bit
Daz Studio 4.8.0.59 64 bit
Genesis 3 Female

Problem:
Texture Atlas

Comments

• cdemeritcdemerit Posts: 505
    edited December 1969

Yeah I sort of have a couple issues with G3 as well... But the main one appears to be a shader issue:

ScreenHunter_02_Jun._23_19_.07_.gif
    1440 x 900 - 181K
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

In UV View the material zone selected was often not the one displayed so maybe something screwy with this new UDIM friendly mapping.

• MusicplayerMusicplayer Posts: 515
    edited June 2015

cdemerit said:
    Yeah I sort of have a couple issues with G3 as well... But the main one appears to be a shader issue:

Yes, I get this sometimes happen with Iray renders....a completely white looking character. I usually go to the temp folder and delete out all the files in the 'Brickyard' shader folder and then start the render again. For me, this cures the problem.

Hope this helps. :-)

Edited to add : I also delete out any files that have been added to the temp folder during the render, so just leaving the render, RenderAlbumTmp, shaders and textureConvert folders.

Post edited by Musicplayer on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited June 2015

Corrupted shaders is a fairly common problem. Delete the "Brickyard" folder in the temp folder to clear it.

Edit : Me too slow.

Post edited by jestmart on
  • cdemeritcdemerit Posts: 505
    edited December 1969

Thanks everyone... I haven't tried it yet, but suspect it'll work...

• tempotemp12tempotemp12 Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

I have bought the new morphs but I can't use them, I also can't change expressions nor can I play around with the hair/underwear. Also had the issue with shaders being white but that solved itself. Basically everything in parameters is just empty except for standards, nothing to play around with. I wonder if I missed something obvious. Bought pretty much everything regarding Victoria 7 and genesis 3.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I have bought the new morphs but I can't use them, I also can't change expressions nor can I play around with the hair/underwear. Also had the issue with shaders being white but that solved itself. Basically everything in parameters is just empty except for standards, nothing to play around with. I wonder if I missed something obvious. Bought pretty much everything regarding Victoria 7 and genesis 3.

How did you install your content, using DIM?

Did you install this, then Expressions should appear in the Parameters pane
  • morkmork Posts: 278
    edited December 1969

I played around with the base model while I downloaded and installed the morphs. Once that finished, to use them, I needed to create a new char. It did not magically appear on the char I was playing with meanwhile. _Maybe_ you have the same problem, just a blind guess though.

• IceEmpressIceEmpress Posts: 639
    edited December 1969

You really shouldn't download stuff while DAZ is open. This rule applies to software in general, BTW, with the exception of "background updates"

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,929
    edited June 2015

Well I immeadiately with G3F (not bought V7) found facial morphs on timeline got stuck so had to use puppeteer to animate them which could prove a pain in the butt.
    I am wondering if they are vertex morphs not using the facial bones too and if that the reason, I suspect that they are from what I saw exporting to iClone 3Dxchange 6.
    Interestingly I did use bone movement as well as morph dials in expression editor and the bone movements export back to DAZ in a BVH and animate the face, only ones I used were Jaw and chin sadly, I will have to redo a version using only all the bones, the others do not so probably converted to Blendshapes.
    At least then I can make her talk in DS too.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Well, this is special

Windows 7.1 64-bit
    Daz Studio 4.8.0.59 64 bit

Installed V7 and all the purchased V7 and g3F stuff this morning.

Opened Studio a bit later, loaded G3F. Then decided to use V7 so clicked on that.
    Told dialog to apply V7 to G3F instead of loading new figure.
    Then went to her materials and chose the 3delight folder, not the iray one. I've got 3delight active in render settings.
    Loaded up the full preset, chose first eyelash, turned off eye reflection, chose a face makeup, turned off SSS on mouth, and selected SSS 25%

Hit render and error window flashed--error in render and the render window closed.
    Left with a twirling cursor but was able to view the log...
    I noted that just before the render it said something about not finding a file for an iray shader.
    Then it said the render took six seconds.

Checked to make sure I had selected the 3delight folder, not the iray one. I was okay there.
    Cursor still twirling so I closed Studio.

Found the log file to copy exact working and....

the log file had cleared itself and started over. :(