[Coming Soon] IG Iray Essentials - Genesis 3 Female & Victoria 7

InaneGloryInaneGlory Posts: 294
edited June 2015 in The Commons

Coming to a DAZ store near you in the very near future:

IG Iray Essentials - Genesis 3 Female & Victoria 7

But wait you say, Victoria 7 already comes with Iray material presets. Why should I pay extra just to get something I already have? Well let me try to convince you why what I'm offering you is better than what you already have. And if your not convinced by what I'm showing you, then there is absolutely no reason in the world that you have to buy what I'm offering you.

When I first saw Victoria 7 I really liked how she looked but when I saw her Iray materials I was less than impressed by what I saw. I thought she was very dark. Much darker than her texture files showed that she should be and as she was, she didn't fit in very well with any of the older Victoria or Genesis characters. Plus she had these very cool looking new translucency maps that you can't even see on their settings. So I set out to try to make a set of character presets that, I believe, better represents the base Victoria 7 textures and will fit in with older characters and my own line of IG Iray Essentials character presets. Ultimately, skin is about the most subjective thing there is in 3D. You might just find that you think Victoria 7s default Iray materials are perfect, everything you've ever wanted or expected from a 3D figure, I'm not going to tell you your wrong and obviously, this isn't the product for you. But if you find her to be not quite what you are looking for or you liked the look of my Iray Essentials - Victoria 6 & Micheal 6 I'm hoping your give this set a chance.

1st picture ia a cutaway of two renders with exactly the same settings, just one has their settings and the other has mine.
2nd picture is theirs and mine side by side in the same scene.

Samples_V7_Iray_V7_IG.jpg
1200 x 1560 - 814K
Promo_01.jpg
2000 x 1545 - 2M
Post edited by InaneGlory on

Comments

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

Beautiful, I like them both. I do look forward to this :coolsmile:
    Even tho I won't be using it till I get an Iray crunch-card, sold.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,228
    edited December 1969

I was extremely disappointed in the V7 Iray materials. She renders much darker and sallower than the promo images. I tried multiple lighting configurations that worked well for me with tweaked Gen 6 optimized Iray materials. I haven't gotten a pleasing V7 render under those same lighting conditions yet. That said, your settings look way too pink for my taste. I think I will tweak what I have before giving up and investing in other settings right away. After all, I've only had her for an hour. But thanks for offering choices. I may later be back to get them.

• InaneGloryInaneGlory Posts: 294
    edited December 1969

Beautiful, I like them both. I do look forward to this :coolsmile:
    Even tho I won't be using it till I get an Iray crunch-card, sold.

Thanks ZDG

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I was extremely disappointed in the V7 Iray materials. She renders much darker and sallower than the promo images. I tried multiple lighting configurations that worked well for me with tweaked Gen 6 optimized Iray materials. I haven't gotten a pleasing V7 render under those same lighting conditions yet. That said, your settings look way too pink for my taste. I think I will tweak what I have before giving up and investing in other settings right away. After all, I've only had her for an hour. But thanks for offering choices. I may later be back to get them.

She just might be to pink, that is something that is always so hard to judge. since skin is so dependent on your lighting. The side by side comparison pic was done using a light setup that DAZ gave me. It's not the best setup but I felt I had to use it in the side by side promos so they couldn't say I had intentionally set it up to make me look good and them not so much. Here are a few more promos done with my lighting. I don't think she is to pink, but that's a real subjective opinion on my part and I'm not going to tell you your wrong if you still think she is to pink for your tastes. If you need any advise on how to get you V7 to be something in between theirs and mine send me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help. you.

Promo_04.jpg
    2000 x 1545 - 1M
    Promo_06.jpg
    2000 x 1545 - 1M
    Promo_03.jpg
    2000 x 1545 - 1M
    Promo_08.jpg
    2000 x 1545 - 2M
    edited June 2015

barbult said:

She just might be to pink, that is something that is always so hard to judge. since skin is so dependent on your lighting. The side by side comparison pic was done using a light setup that DAZ gave me. It's not the best setup but I felt I had to use it in the side by side promos so they couldn't say I had intentionally set it up to make me look good and them not so much. Here are a few more promos done with my lighting. I don't think she is to pink, but that's a real subjective opinion on my part and I'm not going to tell you your wrong if you still think she is to pink for your tastes. If you need any advise on how to get you V7 to be something in between theirs and mine send me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help. you.Again, I agree on everyone having different tastes.

As for adjusting skin color, there is always the 'Backing-Color' for each map that can be adjusted by the user. And As I'm finding out, this new UDIM mapping is not as drastically different from what I first thought it was from reading up on it. UV mapping is still there, and maps still use image files. So we are not all starting from ground zero, as I was lead to believe. Also the 'Templates' in the Surface tab have some very nice additions and regrouping for adjusting backing colors on G3F/G3M.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/845394/

Very nice Promos, Looking forward to this very much.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,228
    edited December 1969

I don't understand what a"backing color" is.

edited June 2015

barbult said:
    And I'm not sure exactly what Daz3d calls it.

Each map in the surface tab has two parts. The little box on the left where an image file goes, and the thing to the right with three numbers in it. The part on the right is the part I'm referring to as a "Backing color". The image in the thing on the left is 'tinted' by the color selected on the right.

BackingColor_VsMapImage_001.png
    618 x 286 - 23K
  • NoName99NoName99 Posts: 322
    edited June 2015

barbult said:

Each map in the surface tab has two parts. The little box on the left where an image file goes, and the thing to the right with three numbers in it. The part on the right is the part I'm referring to as a "Backing color". The image in the thing on the left is 'tinted' by the color selected on the right.

You're referring to the Channel, that's what some people call it anyway.

Post edited by NoName99 on
    edited June 2015

dinopt said:
    barbult said:

You're referring to the Channelah, I thought "Channel" was the entire block of stuff. Here I changed the color in the Diffuse channel to a nice pink of sorts on the Phoebe hair, By changing the Backing color to pink.

I'm not an artiest, I don't know the exact name of that color, Pink purple fuchsia, lol.

BackingColor_Vs_MapImage_002_IlikeThat.png
    1534 x 815 - 440K
    BackingColor_Vs_MapImage_002.png
    1534 x 815 - 367K
  • MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

She just might be to pink, that is something that is always so hard to judge. since skin is so dependent on your lighting. The side by side comparison pic was done using a light setup that DAZ gave me. It's not the best setup but I felt I had to use it in the side by side promos so they couldn't say I had intentionally set it up to make me look good and them not so much. Here are a few more promos done with my lighting. I don't think she is to pink, but that's a real subjective opinion on my part and I'm not going to tell you your wrong if you still think she is to pink for your tastes. If you need any advise on how to get you V7 to be something in between theirs and mine send me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help. you.

While I agree that V7 renders much darker and also about everyone having different tastes, I also agree with Barbuit. To me is a little pinkish, in the same way that is IG Essentials for V6/M6. While you can change the color in the Diffuse channel to compensate the tone, a better place to change the color could be the Transmission Color channel in the Subsurface section.

edited December 1969

MBusch said:
    barbult said:

While I agree that V7 renders much darker and also about everyone having different tastes, I also agree with Barbuit. To me is a little pinkish, in the same way that is IG Essentials for V6/M6. While you can change the color in the Diffuse channel to compensate the tone, a better place to change the color could be the Transmission Color channel in the Subsurface section.Yes, and that is why I'm so looking forward to this, and the new Genesis3 surface groups. I can start with IG's set, and only fuss with one or two settings, IF needed. Rather then going threw all (I never counted them, it's allot) the settings in the Iray shader.

• Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

In your comparison shots the standard V7 looks like a Vulcan.

A really rather splendid Vulcan... . . . . (but I digress).

Off world, if not entirely off topic.

edited December 1969

In your comparison shots the standard V7 looks like a Vulcan.

A really rather splendid Vulcan... . . . . (but I digress).

Off world, if not entirely off topic.

Yes, 'Enterprise'. T'Pol :lol:
    edited December 1969

MBusch said:
    barbult said:

While I agree that V7 renders much darker and also about everyone having different tastes, I also agree with Barbuit. To me is a little pinkish, in the same way that is IG Essentials for V6/M6. While you can change the color in the Diffuse channel to compensate the tone, a better place to change the color could be the Transmission Color channel in the Subsurface section.

Well, at least I'm consistent :-)

In my experience, the easiest way to quickly change character's 'skin tone' without drastically altering it's overall 'feel' (or quality) is to make small changes in the translucency color.