Gen 2 vs Gen 3

edited December 1969 in The Commons

Will the various add-ons for Gen 2 figures work with Gen 3 figures? Clothes, poses....etc. I sure as hell will not buy any Gen 3 figure if I have to abandon all the hundreds I've spent on Gen 2 add-ons. Michael 6 pro bundle is my favorite......

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Sort of...poses, not quite yet, out of the box the Gen2 poses need minor to major tweaking, there will be (or is) a correction/converter needed or a lot of time manually tweaking.

Most clothing (except footwear, below the knee dresses/robes) converts well with the included AutoFit clone.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,314
    edited December 1969

There is already a method to transfer over morphs from Gen2 to Gen3, but it is a bit involved. However I expect a PA product to come along at some point to make the process a lot easier.

The biggest issue is skins, where Genesis 3 can not use those from earlier releases. There are technical reasons why this is difficult, and we will see if in the future someone comes up with a way round these.

• AoXAoX Posts: 8
    edited June 2015

zev0's pose converter seems to be what you need.

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-to-genesis-3-pose-converter

*edit* sorry DraagonStorm for forgetting you T_T

Post edited by AoX on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited June 2015

Transferring morphs over is not that bad honestly. But some ppl prefer to pay others to write a tool for it. Depends on if you are the type to wait for others or knock it out yourself.

I picked up the tool to translate G2F poses to G3F. Was worth the money.

G2F clothes will work as well as any autofitted clothes have. If you use any modelling program such as Hexagon to modify shapes to fix issues that autofit gives you, you should be OK.

I think even semi-casual 3D artists that use Daz and autofit need to spend a bit of time learning how to fix auto fit issues in external tools however. Otherwise you will always end up with something you need to fix via postwork. I love postwork myself, but I use that for other changes as much as possible :)

the_xvyrk said:
    zev0's pose converter seems to be what you need.

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-to-genesis-3-pose-converter

DraagonStorm deserves credit as well :)

I rarely recommend stuff sold on the market. But this is one tool It think is worth the price.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on