DAZ 4 will not open a DUF file

I was emailed a DUF file (DAZ user file).

From google search, it seems that this file contains other files that I need, since I wish to open it in DAZ 4 (64 bit)

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,114
    edited December 1969

Yes, you will need the content that the .duf file contains. If a .duf file contained the actual content it would not be permissible to share it (and it would be wasteful on space), instead it has pointers to the models and textures needed and stores only the local settings (poses and so on).

• edited December 1969

Any idea why DAZ 4 comes up with an error when I attempt to open the DUF file ?

Error message "NO IMPORTER FOR THE FILE FORMAT CAN BE FOUND"

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited June 2015

Alley Cat said:
    Any idea why DAZ 4 comes up with an error when I attempt to open the DUF file ?

Error message "NO IMPORTER FOR THE FILE FORMAT CAN BE FOUND"

How are you trying to open it?

And what is your operating system? What version of Studio are you running (exact version Help > about DAZ Studio)

That sounds more like an OS message than a Studio one.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • edited December 1969

DAZ 4 (ver 4.0.3.47) 64 bit

I am in DAZ 4, attempting to open DUF file, I also attempting to Import. Both methods give me the same error

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Alley Cat said:
    DAZ 4 (ver 4.0.3.47) 64 bit

I am in DAZ 4, attempting to open DUF file, I also attempting to Import. Both methods give me the same error

4.0 does not support .duf, which was introduced in 4.5

• edited December 1969

Thank you Mike, so I ended up installed Daz 4.8 64 bit, through DAZ Install Manager. Along with 4.8, which downloaded "Genesis 2" figures. Along with an error made I attempt to add Genesis 2, to a new scene.

And a new error of one missing file: /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Genesis2Male.dsf

Since DAZ Install Manager downloaded this yesterday and installed it, why did there a missing file ??

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Alley Cat said:
    Thank you Mike, so I ended up installed Daz 4.8 64 bit, through DAZ Install Manager. Along with 4.8, which downloaded "Genesis 2" figures. Along with an error made I attempt to add Genesis 2, to a new scene.

And a new error of one missing file: /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Genesis2Male.dsf

Since DAZ Install Manager downloaded this yesterday and installed it, why did there a missing file ??

a) Did you install Genesis 2 Male Starter Essentials?
    b) Since you had DS4.0 installed, your settings were carried over, which don't include the default install path that DAZ Install Manager uses. In DS go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager and add the path you're using in DIM under both "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats". The default DIM path under Windows is C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library.

• Thank you Fixmypcmike