So wheres Michael 7/Genesis 3 male?

wolfman7367wolfman7367 Posts: 25
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Coming soon?

Comments

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,825
    edited December 1969

For whatever it may or may not be worth, Michael 6 came along five months after Victoria 6, according to the wiki. I think that may have been the last year that the PC Anniversary sale was in November, before it got shifted earlier, so M7 may be a month or so earlier, if he's linked to that sale again.

I don't recall G2M coming along more than a month before M6, but I'm not certain. The wiki dates are unrealiable for that, because the date shown for G2M is when Genesis2 got rolled into the Genesis 2 Starter Essentials bundle and not when it was actually released. (According to the wiki, V6 came out before Genesis2, which is absolute nonsense.)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2015

PC Anniversary celebration is always in October, as the PC started in October 2002. It was the PA sale that swapped months.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

There's always a lag between the female and male versions. I'm sure there will be one, because if there wasn't DAZ would go deaf from me (and others) yelling in their ears. ;)

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,231
    edited June 2015

In all civilized societies the men follow behind the women a respectful (or possibly cautionary) distance. :kiss:

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

In all civilized societies the men follow behind the women a respectful (or possibly cautionary) distance. :kiss:

Or for the view.

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,864
    edited December 1969

Lets hope he arrives soon : )

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Mr Leong said:

Or for the view.

Good point, maybe I want to walk behind a man after all. ;)

Provided he wears the proper kind of pants...

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Toyen said:
    Lets hope he arrives soon : )

And not "Daz -soon" but rather our idea of "soon"

• jag11jag11 Posts: 885
    edited December 1969

Mr Leong said:

Or for the view.

Good point, maybe I want to walk behind a man after all. ;)

Provided he wears the proper kind of pants...

Please behave!. No one's gonna walk behind anyone, ok?

>:(

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604
    edited December 1969

I want to see Genesis 3 Male + Mike 7 but my credit card needs time to recover before the next set of bundles appear.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,314
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:
    For whatever it may or may not be worth, Michael 6 came along five months after Victoria 6, according to the wiki. I think that may have been the last year that the PC Anniversary sale was in November, before it got shifted earlier, so M7 may be a month or so earlier, if he's linked to that sale again.

I don't recall G2M coming along more than a month before M6, but I'm not certain. The wiki dates are unrealiable for that, because the date shown for G2M is when Genesis2 got rolled into the Genesis 2 Starter Essentials bundle and not when it was actually released. (According to the wiki, V6 came out before Genesis2, which is absolute nonsense.)

M6 did not arrive until after the PC anniversary was over (which, as stated above, did start in October, though it ran into a week of November), if you remember one of the "big prizes" for buying enough new stuff was a discount on M6. Teen Josie 6 arrived during the PC anniversary.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Seems like a long time to wait, but, I'm sure we'll be having fun with G3F/V7 in the meantime.

CHEERS!

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited December 1969

I would really like G3M if only as a way to help tame Victoria 7's breasts, which are not small. For a more tomboy-ish or gender ambiguous character, Victoria can be a challenge to work from. It would be a good test to see how interchangeable the dials are between G3F and G3M.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

I would really like G3M if only as a way to help tame Victoria 7's breasts, which are not small. For a more tomboy-ish or gender ambiguous character, Victoria can be a challenge to work from. It would be a good test to see how interchangeable the dials are between G3F and G3M.

G3F has (IIRC, I'm not at my rendering 'puter to check) a dial "Breast Circumference", which did a good flat chest which zeroed. Couldn't say about V7 since I don't have it.
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Wasn't M4 almost a year after V4?

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:

Okay...

M4 about year after V4
    M5 about 6 months after V5 (who was herself 3 months after Genesis - so about 9 months since release of base figure)
    M6 about 6 months after V6

So I'm hoping that M7 is only 3-4 months after V7.

I can hope, right? :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,354
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:

Yes, there was a delay compared to the generally expected release date for the fourth generation male.

• CajunBeautyCajunBeauty Posts: 92
    edited December 1969

Why can't we get both the male and female at the same time? It really sucks when they favor the females over the males all the time and they never put out as much content for the males either.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,900
    edited December 1969

Cajun: That's a really good question.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited July 2015

There are two reason that come to mind very quickly. One is development time and effort. Second is people's wallets.

I think both are valid reasons to have a staggered launch. I have no opinion on how long the delay needs to be because I don't know how much time goes into perfecting each figure before they are released.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,314
    edited December 1969

There are two reason that come to mind very quickly. One is development time and effort. Second is people's wallets.

I think both are valid reasons to have a staggered launch. I have no opinion on how long the delay needs to be because I don't know how much time goes into perfecting each figure before they are released.

When you said two reasons, I thought you meant something completely different!

edited July 2015

Havos said:

When you said two reasons, I thought you meant something completely different!

:red: I dunno what ya mean. But no need to explain...

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,070
    edited December 1969

From a marketing point of view it doesn't make sense to wait till the second figure is finished (DAZ is not a huge company so it's not likely that they have enough ressources to develop both in parallel: we're talking full base figures there, not just shape and textures) before releasing the first one: think of all the items they could have sold for the first figure during that period!

And for the PAs creating items for the figures' launch, the choice would be either start creating items for the first figure as soon as they have it and then wait for quite some time before releasing them (=> not good for their finances as they don't sell new items during that time), or start creating for both figures once both are ready (=> more work to do at the same time, which might also mean waiting even longer to release the couple of figures because not enough content is ready for the big launch)

Moreover, if they relase both at the same time that means people with a limited budget might not be able to buy both, so there again money lost for DAZ and PAs, and people complaining that they can't afford to buy everything.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,354
    edited December 1969

One advantage of releasing female then male is that the males benefit from the lessons learned from the females and so tend to have slightly better usability.

edited December 1969

One advantage of releasing female then male is that the males benefit from the lessons learned from the females and so tend to have slightly better usability.

Yeah a few of you say that each generation :/ media dude said it last time round lol.

• Moreover, if they relase both at the same time that means people with a limited budget might not be able to buy both, so there again money lost for DAZ and PAs, and people complaining that they can't afford to buy everything.
    Leana said:

Well, it's not like those people won't buy a second figure a few weeks down the line, so that argument really doesn't hold water.  I'd say it's probably just that they work on one figure at a time and release it as soon as it's ready.  I am curious as to why it's always the female figures that get released first.  I'd think, from a design/build stand point, it would be easier and quicker to build the male figure first as I would think the males would be a little easier to design.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567
    edited July 2015

Well, considering Gen 6 male had a problem with his pecs, and a weird head and temples, I do hope they aren't cribbing too much from  Victoria 7, and give him his own body crying.   It would be a shame to see those cleavagy- add overly prominent brow ridge problems in gen7.

I imagine they DO have base male for genesis already done. It isn't a difficult morph and PA's have to have stuff to work with to release clothing, and skins.

I realized in hind sight that I don't tend to use the other morphs for gen 2 female.. .Like GIA for example, so I may pass on extra characters until M7 is released.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604

We are always being told that female stuff sells better than male stuff, and this is probably because of the type of pictures the majority of people want to create. If that is true then I expect that Daz would prefer better usability for the female figures. I expect this is mainly a marketing issue, the female figure sells more so it is released first.

It is an advantge to have some gap between them so some peoples' credit cards can recover for another pro bundle, but I would have thought a month would be enough.

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,864

I don´t think we will see G3M before the end of the summer. I wish I was wrong though : )

It is an advantge to have some gap between them so some peoples' credit cards can recover for another pro bundle, but I would have thought a month would be enough.

You are right, its about a month. That's why for Generation 6, a new "figure" (shape) was released each month. Don't be surprised if we see a few "figures" for G3F before the male is released.

I realized in hind sight that I don't tend to use the other morphs for gen 2 female.. .Like GIA for example, so I may pass on extra characters until M7 is released.

My opinion is you get the generic morph packs and I get really good mileage out of those. Buy the occasional pretty face(not neccessarily a daz figure mind you), and no need for 20 pro packs :)  I'm still using Stephanie 5 Curvy on G3F, she was worth it. But most of the figures aren't memorable anymore, they crank out too many.