daz and D talk argh.

2»

Comments

• alan bard newcomer said:

Important note ... see the last paragraph about agreeing to the liscence that allows them to gather product keys for your system and other software. 

It's a little discerning to read a "read me text" that doesn't manage to use a standard character set 
    and the company appears to be in the US
    ---

Note: I forgot my username or password.

If after a new instalation or any other reason you cannot login to D-Talks because you forgot your username or password, please close D-Talks, open the folder \DTalks\database and double click the file >>>>“reset.bat” <<<<<. Run D-Talks! and chose your user name and password again.

Note: When I chose a different Avatar in the Setting option, the avatar does not show up

If after changing the Avatar, it does not shows up on your screen, go the the chat box and type “SHOW”
    Important Note: Before installing D-Talks, please disable any Anti-Virus and Firewall software, like Norton, AVG, McAfee, or Kaspersky.  
    NextOS.ai assures you that no Virus, Spyware, Malware, or any other intrusive files will be installed on your computer. The firewall and anti-virus process is required by the Speech Recognition installation engine. You can turn both firewall and antivirus on again after D-Talks’ installation is complete.

Just after you purchase a D-Talks license at the DAZ3D Store, you will get access to the Installation file called DTalksInstall.exe. Run this application to download all files necessary for her full installation. 

Important Note:

To start the installation, right-click on the DTalksInstall.exe file and choose >>>>>>“Run<<<<< as Administrator”. This will open a window asking for your e-mail address. Please fill in any valid e-mail address. Your email address will not be shared to anyone. We will only use it to send you updates and relevant information. Also, it is recommended that you close other applications that may be running, like web browsers or text editors. Also, check if you have at least 8 GB free on your installation hard drive.

If you need assistance at any point, please send us a support message at [email removed] or at [email removed]
    ----
    I also find the langauge choices strangely unsettling...
    "Please fill in any valid e-mail address"  any address not mine? 
    ===
    to say I'm a little bit worried at this point is understating the situation.. 
    I am now going to install this ...  oh, and note that despite the stuff in the promo about any charater from V4 on being used for an avatar .. it only references g8 so far. 
    ----
    Didn't install .. stopped during the start of the install at the user agreement:
    c) You have choices about the Data we collect. When you are asked to provide Data, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide Data that is necessary to provide the Services, you may not be able to use it or feature of it.
    d) We collect data about the features you use, the items you purchase, and the web pages you visit. This data includes your voice and text search queries or commands to our chatbots.
    e) We collect data about your device and the network you use to connect to our Services. It includes data about the operating systems and other software installed on your device, including product keys. It also includes IP address, device identifiers (such as the IMEI number for phones), and regional and language settings.
    --- 
    If you install this software you give them permission to get the product keys of your operating system and other software., 

This is the kind of thing that really concerns me in a EULA.  So much stuff burried in there that's easy to miss.  Thanks for posting this thread.

https://www.daz3d.com/d-talks--realtime-talking-chatbot-for-daz-characters