Reserved characters in morph names ?

I had a problem over the weekend where I was unable to save a morph asset from I morph I had loaded onto G3F ( I don't think the specific figure is relevant to this ).

This was a morph I had created myself, and loaded with Morphloader Pro. The morph loaded and worked with no problem, but when I tried to save it as a morph asset I got a popup saying the save failed, and the logfile said unable to write to file. Looking in the Morphs folder, the directory had been created but there was no .duf file inside.. After a bit of digging around I found the problem was that the filename of the morph I loaded contained a % character. It looks like morph names containing % is not accepted when saving a morph asset. Is there a list of other characters that should not be used?

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,051

I had a problem over the weekend where I was unable to save a morph asset from I morph I had loaded onto G3F ( I don't think the specific figure is relevant to this ).

This was a morph I had created myself, and loaded with Morphloader Pro. The morph loaded and worked with no problem, but when I tried to save it as a morph asset I got a popup saying the save failed, and the logfile said unable to write to file. Looking in the Morphs folder, the directory had been created but there was no .duf file inside.. After a bit of digging around I found the problem was that the filename of the morph I loaded contained a % character. It looks like morph names containing % is not accepted when saving a morph asset. Is there a list of other characters that should not be used?

Look here.

http://www.mtu.edu/umc/services/web/cms/characters-avoid/ ;

• backgroundbackground Posts: 363

Thanks, that's good advice on the link.

Cheers

Ian