V4 M4 Shapes for Genesis Missing Poser DSON Importer

I just purchased a number of items during the Genesis sale today including the "V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis."  The product page for it states there is a DSON Importer for Poser, but there isn't.  The only thing available is a data file for DAZ Studio which cannot be accessed within DAZ Studio.

http://www.daz3d.com/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis

Even in DAZ Studio I cannot find a way to access the V4 and M4 shapes.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

There are no user-facing files, the shapes show up on the Parameters pane automatically, in both DS and Poser.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

The description list DSON Importer as that is needed to load Genesis into Poser.  In Studio load Genesis and check the Shape pane, if you can't find them you have installed them wrong.

• There are no user-facing files, the shapes show up on the Parameters pane automatically, in both DS and Poser.

I never did understand what "user-facing files" meant.  I figured it out shortly after posting this that I did didn't need the Poser Companion Files anyway since I can use the dials in Poser and DS.

• jestmart said:

The description list DSON Importer as that is needed to load Genesis into Poser.  In Studio load Genesis and check the Shape pane, if you can't find them you have installed them wrong.

DAZ Install Manager installed them to my main DAZ Studio folder.  I forgot that morphs don't have Poser Companion Files.  They should correct the product page to remove that it is included. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,072
    whboswell said:

I never did understand what "user-facing files" meant.  

Basically, a file that a user would see in his/her library. 

In the case of this product for example, you get new morphs which are added to the list of Genesis morphs automatically but no presets to apply them. So you won't see anything new in your library.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    whboswell said:
    jestmart said:

DAZ Install Manager installed them to my main DAZ Studio folder.  I forgot that morphs don't have Poser Companion Files.  They should correct the product page to remove that it is included. 

The product page doesn't say there are Poser Companion Files,  It lists DSON Importer For Poser as compatible software, because you still need that to use it in Poser.