Transfer old DAZ file to version 4.7

Hi,

I have a (for me very important) old file in DAZ format.

I can still open the file fine on an older machine I have, having DAZ 4.0 on it.

Now on my new machine, I have DAZ 4.7 and somehow I cannot open the damn file on this one.

Tried to open and save as different filename on the old one but also cannot open this re-saved one.

The files contains a short animates scene with a total of 8 characters, so even if it's only a few seconds long, it would mean a LOT of work to redo it.

any suggestions how I can transfer it?

-
Stefan

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

What does the log say when you try to open it?  (Help > Troubleshooting > View Log)

What are the error messages, if any, that show up

• Birdie2Birdie2 Posts: 24

I get

Error setting pointers while reading file G:/video/Kino_MinMax/testdisk1/Kino Basis2_2 Publikum_7b.daz : C Exception: Memory Access Violation - Attempted to read memory at address 0x00000000

followed by a bunch of app 5500 times entries like these:

WARNING: Object::disconnect: No such signal QObject::currentValueChanged() in properties\controllers\dzerclink.cpp:1291
    WARNING: Object::disconnect:  (sender name:   'adj_r&lThighBendFront')
    WARNING: Object::disconnect:  (receiver name: 'Imported ERC Control')

I do not get these on the DAZ4.0pro

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,847

How many "missing storable" messages do you have in the log file?

not entirely sure what you mean... I can't find "missing storable" in the log at all, nor "storable"

I have one line with "missing":
    WARNING: 0:1: '' :  #version directive missing

but this happens allready whan DAZ 4.7 loads, this is not related to the file.

Noone any idea?

• I had a scene from 4.0.something that would not open in 4.5+. Since it is still opening on the old machine, you could try saving presets for everything and use those to rebuild it from the base content on the new machine.

Found a way now.

luckily I still had the install file for the version 4.5​ still here, so I updated the 4.0 to 4.5 and tried opeing the file there which worked just fine.

here I was able to store it as DUF for 4.7 and open it on the other machine with 4.7 without problems.

All characters survived, also all animations.

thanks, your "4.5+" pointed me to this.