Morphing with geografts problem

Hi I'd like to know if there is a way,to export genesis 2 with geograft into blender,then morph figure,and load morph in daz studio? I have tried it with hexagon using daz send to option,and it works fine. When i tried with blender of sculptris,by exporting as obj file,i get error that geometry did not match..if i delete geograft,it works.. Is there a way to do this? Thanks

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited July 2015

even with hexagon you have to remember to disable the geograft in DS before sending the modified figure/morph back to DS otherwise you will still get the geometry did not match issue.

What studio does is hide those faces when a geograft is applied. When it sends to hexagon it unhides them. However if those faces are hidden and you export using some of the other options, those faces remain hidden. This will destroy any chance of creating a morph that works. You need to export the figure without faces hidden. Then morph it, then send it back.

Or send the geograft out, morph that, and send it back. Or both (base figure with no hidden faces, then the geograft seperate. bring both into program, morph, send them out seperately, import into daz separate)

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • I'm not entirely clear on what your aim is, but if you want to export Genesis to OBJ while a Geo-Graft is fitted (but you only want to export Genesis and not the graft as well) then select the Geometry Editor Tool first. In this mode the faces are not hidden on the host figure (i.e. Genesis in this case). Also, for some reason, it seems that in this mode the graft is not exported even if it is visible. Of course you can always hide the graft to be sure.

You can then morph Genesis (say in Blender) and bring the morph back in with Loader with the graft still fitted. The graft will follow the Genesis morph within the morph's area of influence. Remember to come out of Geometry Editor tool as the graft will not look as if it is fitted smoothly.

This is, at least, is what I've found. If you find otherwise let me know.