Can't get briefs to fit M5

I purchased M5 and I am trying to put the included briefs on the hero version, I can"t get them to fit properly. Please advise, thank you in advance.  

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

What steps are you doing, and what problem are you having?  What software/version?

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567

Okay, so what problems are you running into?

Are you able to add briefs to the regular M5?

Here's what works for me.

1. Load M5 Hero

2. Select M5 Hero in main viewport.

3. Select either B25Briefs or B25BoxerB from M5's product view

4. Apply.

5. Adjust textures as fit.

See screenshot.

michael5.JPG
    1577 x 982 - 193K
  • I am using poser 12. When I conform the briefs to the model they don't fit nice and neat. I mess around with it, enlarging ect but it never fits right, holes coming through etc. The standard M5 briefs I have to enlarge to 107 and I can get away with it. But what I really want is the hero M5 to wear the briefs and no matter how much I fiddle it just doesn't look right, too big in parts, too small, inner legs not covered, that whole sort of thing. Driving me crazy. 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Have you gone to the DSON Importer menu and "Transferred Active Morphs"?

• How would I do that? 

• thd777thd777 Posts: 932

How would I do that? 

Select the figure, go to Scripts menu -> DSON Support -> Transfer active morphs. That's all. Usually works pretty well

TD

• That didn't work, is there something somewhere that's been created to make them fit hero, that I am missing or something? 

• I bought M5 and the briefs came with them, its weird that there is no option for them to fit the M5 hero, which was also included with M5. Can anyone help?

• mackis3Dmackis3D Posts: 44

I also have this problem with Poser. Sometimes the "transfer active morphs" does not work if I have other or too much other items in a scene. Sometimes I had to restart Poser and just worked with the Genesis M5 or M6 figure and dressed him before I imported him into the scene that I wanted to render. Maybe it's a memory issue or whatever. But usually it works as described, starting fresh.

edited August 2015

I forgot something: the "transfer active morphs" seems not to work if you save your Genesis character to your Poser library as a *.cr file because it saves an OBJ file there instead of looking for the OBJ file under DSON-auto_adapted-data- etc. So create a Genesis figure and save it only as a scene (*.pz3) and then load the clothing.

Post edited by mackis3D on
  • I don't have any other items in the scene. Just M5 and the briefs. They fit the m5 pretty good but not Hero, now matter how much I mess with the dials. I have 32 RAM so that's good, I have tried starting over. I've saved as a poser scene. Help! 

• I want to get the briefs on M5 hero like the picture here http://www.daz3d.com/michael-5 ;

Does anyone have the perameter dial numbers they can tell me so they can fit? 

edited August 2015

So I used Michael 5 Heroic, (1) loaded B25Briefs (that's the one in the promo), (2) conformed it to M5 and then I clicked (3) transfer active morphs. I did nothing else (there is a little poke-through). It is working in my case. At the parameters you see that the scale is 109%. That was done automatically when transfering active morphs.

Image1.jpg
    1105 x 838 - 123K
    Post edited by mackis3D on
  • Thank you so much mackis3D! FINALLY I've got it right. I really appreciate your help!  

mackis3D said:

So I used Michael 5 Heroic, (1) loaded B25Briefs (that's the one in the promo), (2) conformed it to M5 and then I clicked (3) transfer active morphs. I did nothing else (there is a little poke-through). It is working in my case. At the parameters you see that the scale is 109%. That was done automatically when transfering active morphs.