What happened to my Original Genesis model?

So yes, I'm not sure if this is a common issue or not...it worked fine the other day when I reinstalled after updating to windows 10...because yea I had to reinstall the whole program and ALL my content. I use the DIM to install my content. Either way it worked fine the other day, but now when I open Daz ALL of my content shows up under ALL of the catagorys. Sooo when I hit figures EVERYTHING is under figures, or Environments ect. This wouldn't be so terrible, but I have over 700 items now and scrolling through them to find the figure I want is kind of annoying   I figured out what was wrong..apparently when I reinstalled everything I missed something in the DIM..so thats fixed.

..and what happened to the original genesis model? according to the instal manager I have it installed with the whole genesis starter set, but it just shows up as a blank saying the file is missing. What did I do wrong? or is that model just..gone forever? It shows up in my smart content as a blank box with like a warning triangle. o. O I'm so confused.

Post edited by borisisakitty on

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,990

Have you installed to the default directories, or are you using a different location? If it's the latter, have you added the new location to DAZ Content management?

• JD_MortalJD_Mortal Posts: 758
    edited August 2015

Apparently, if it is the same issue I had, they didn't package a few images correctly. For Gen1.

I had to locate the missing images by finding an installer for the old original V1 Genesis. I just extracted the missing images from that folder, once I installed it to another directory. I believe it was a morph and two images for the model. It stopped a lot of content from loading and left me with a deformed and untextured base-model. (Thus, no other components for that model were displayed correctly, as they were morphing over a deformed model. Including skin-maps, which didn't seem to line-up.)

I am glad to see that you found resolution. However, I didn't have that model pack, which has the missing files inside.

Post edited by JD_Mortal on