Genesis 1/2/3/8/9 to Genesis 3/8/9 Pose Converter (Updated 2023-04-28)

n_alexandrun_alexandru Posts: 18
edited April 2023 in Freebies

Genesis 1/2/3/8/9 pose preset conversion scripts for Genesis 3/8/9.

Installation:
    1. Copy the contents of the Content directory to your content library
    2. Go to the script in the Content Library (Scripts > n_alexandru > G9 Pose Converter), right click and select Create Custom Action and click OK.
    - repeat for the G3 and G8 scripts

Usage:
    1. Select a Genesis 3/8/9 figure in your scene
    2. Select a pose preset from the Smart Content or Content Library pane
    3. Run the script from Scripts > G9/G8/G3 Pose Converter (the custom action added in step 2 of the installation)
        - If the source figure generation can’t be detected automatically, a dialog will appear asking you to select it

Options: (hold down the key when running the script)
    - Alt (Option on macOS) will force the figure select dialog to appear
    - Ctrl (Command on macOS) will zero the G9 pose first.

Known Issues & Limitations:
    - Poses will require a little adjustment after conversion.
    - The face rig with the exception of the eyes is not converted.
    - This scripts supports only .DUF files, because of this some Genesis 1 poses that come as .DSB files are not supported.

Update 2022-12-04:
    - Fixed incorrect right toes mapping for G9
    - Added G8 and G3 scripts
    - Added pose control properties (fingers, toes, foot, hand)

Update 2022-12-07:
    - Fixed animation time step

Update 2023-02-21:
    - Fixed hierarchical pose loading
    - Restore instead of zero figure pose when holding Ctrl/Command (this is needed due to changed in the Daz 4.21.1 public beta)
    - Fixed crash if the "Smart Content Pane" or "Content Library Pane" plugins are disabled

G9PC-Image.png
1200 x 1200 - 729K
zip
zip
Pose Converters.zip
Post edited by n_alexandru on

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

thanks

• @n_alexandru Just tried this out, and WOW!!! It works so simply and beautifully, G1-G8. Thank you SO much for sharing! heartheartheart 

Do you have anything like this lying around for G8 by any chance??? Had to ask... winklaugh 

Seriously though, really appreciate you sharing this great script and the elegance of your solution. yes Thank you!

• @SapphireBlue I don't have one for G8, however it should be pretty easy to modify it to work. I will do it when i get some time.

• n_alexandru said:

@SapphireBlue I don't have one for G8, however it should be pretty easy to modify it to work. I will do it when i get some time.

If you manage to find time for a pose converter for G8 like the one above, or even if you don't, thank you sooo much for considering it! smileyI have several paid for and freebie converters, but from my quick try of your script, yours is very straightforward and versatile in comparison. I really appreciate you sharing this for free here, but I could see this being appreciated as a product in the store too. It's a great script. Cheers! smiley

• @SapphireBlue I've updated the zip in the OP with a G8 script. Thanks to the G3 having the same skeleton as G8, i've added one for it as well.

• Thanks, this is perfect.

• n_alexandru said:

@SapphireBlue I've updated the zip in the OP with a G8 script. Thanks to the G3 having the same skeleton as G8, i've added one for it as well.

n_alexandru You totally ROCK!! Just tried out the script with G8 and it works like a charm. Super useful. Thank you very much for sharing! heartheartheart

You should consider making scripts like these for the store - I'm sure a simple/elegantly designed and useful product like this would be a best seller. Good luck! Cheers! smiley 

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

WOW, so I can take some home grown Genesis 1 poses and apply them to Genesis 9?  

• As long as your Genesis 1 pose is saved as a .DUF preset, then yes it should work.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Thank you!  

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732

Thanks, for sharing

• kwanniekwannie Posts: 865

Does this work for animations by any chance?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Wow, a second wonderful free pose converter. Thank you for shaing your skill.

• kwannie said:

Yes, it should work for animations saved as .DUF presets. aniBlocks are in a different format and will not work directly, you'll have to convert them to keyframes and save an animated pose preset first.
    I've found a bug in the script that caused the animation to be slowed down in some situations and i've updated the OP with the corrected script, so if you've already downloaded it please download it again.

• n_alexandru said:

kwannie said:

Yes, it should work for animations saved as .DUF presets. aniBlocks are in a different format and will not work directly, you'll have to convert them to keyframes and save an animated pose preset first.
    I've found a bug in the script that caused the animation to be slowed down in some situations and i've updated the OP with the corrected script, so if you've already downloaded it please download it again.

There does not appear to be anything attached to the first post.

• n_alexandrun_alexandru Posts: 18
    edited December 2022

That's odd, maybe there's a timeout after editing the files before they appear ? They show up for me, both on the page and when i go to edit the post.

I loaded the page with a different browser without logging in and they are there:

I've uploaded the zip here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhpnXywMA4U1mU4q-FenkOa6UBuX?e=Nu8k85 if it still refuses to show up.

Capture.PNG
    1332 x 945 - 131K
    Post edited by n_alexandru on
    edited December 2022

Thanks for the update. You can combine them into a single script using the case options like this.

//==============================================================================// Function to perform a task for selected character based on generation//==============================================================================function functionname(){var skel = Scene.getPrimarySelection();if( !skel ){MessageBox.information("You forgot to select your target figure","No Target", "&Ok");return;}if( skel.inherits( "DzBone" ) ){skel.select( false );skel = skel.getSkeleton();skel.select( true );}if( !skel.inherits( "DzSkeleton" ) ){MessageBox.information("Please select the target figure","Select figure","&Ok");return;}var figureName = skel.name;switch( figureName ){case "Genesis":Perform task1 or call a function1break;case "Genesis 2":case "Genesis2Female":Perform task2 or call a function2break;case "Genesis3Female":Perform task3 or call a function3break;case "Genesis3Male":Perform task4 or call a function4break;case "Genesis8_Female":case "Genesis8Female":case "Genesis8_1Female":Perform task5 or call a function5break;case "Genesis8_Male":case "Genesis8Male":case "Genesis8_1Male":Perform task6 or call a function6break;case "Genesis9":Perform task7 or call a function7break;}//end switch}

Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • n_alexandru said:

That's odd, maybe there's a timeout after editing the files before they appear ? They show up for me, both on the page and when i go to edit the post.

I loaded the page with a different browser without logging in and they are there:

I've uploaded the zip here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhpnXywMA4U1mU4q-FenkOa6UBuX?e=Nu8k85 if it still refuses to show up.

Thanks for link, got the updated one now then.

It's a forum glitch. If you go again to edit the 1st post, add a space or something so you can save the post again ... then hopefully it will once more appear for everybody to see.

This is glitch that has been happening for a long time in here.

This worked great. I converted a Genesis 2 pose to G9 (Victoria) and a Genesis pose to G8M (Sobek). A little adjustment was necessary. because Sobek is not an average sized G8M! But this converter got me 95% there.

Sobek in swamp_Camera Clean Light.jpg
    2600 x 2000 - 3M

barbult said:

This worked great. I converted a Genesis 2 pose to G9 (Victoria) and a Genesis pose to G8M (Sobek). A little adjustment was necessary. because Sobek is not an average sized G8M! But this converter got me 95% there.

WOW! that looks great

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

barbult said:

Nice picture (and pose)... do I see it right, that Sobek is inviting that female to dinner? wink

• Tugpsx said:

Thanks for the update. You can combine them into a single script using the case options like this.

//==============================================================================// Function to perform a task for selected character based on generation//==============================================================================function functionname(){var skel = Scene.getPrimarySelection();if( !skel ){MessageBox.information("You forgot to select your target figure","No Target", "&Ok");return;}if( skel.inherits( "DzBone" ) ){skel.select( false );skel = skel.getSkeleton();skel.select( true );}if( !skel.inherits( "DzSkeleton" ) ){MessageBox.information("Please select the target figure","Select figure","&Ok");return;}var figureName = skel.name;switch( figureName ){case "Genesis":Perform task1 or call a function1break;case "Genesis 2":case "Genesis2Female":Perform task2 or call a function2break;case "Genesis3Female":Perform task3 or call a function3break;case "Genesis3Male":Perform task4 or call a function4break;case "Genesis8_Female":case "Genesis8Female":case "Genesis8_1Female":Perform task5 or call a function5break;case "Genesis8_Male":case "Genesis8Male":case "Genesis8_1Male":Perform task6 or call a function6break;case "Genesis9":Perform task7 or call a function7break;}//end switch}

Thanks for the suggestion, but determining what type of figure is selected is not the problem. The reason is that the adjustments needed for the pose are different and they make up the bulk of the code. If merged the resulting script will be unwieldy.

edited December 2022

Thanks @n_alexandru.

Please check your PM.

Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • of course I see this after buying Bone Minion generation 4 to G9 crying

but then again most stuff I want to convert is indeed V4 and M4 anyway and give me skanky feet and hands on genesis 1+ and need to be saved as duf for this

still thanks heart I will look into it for everything else since I hate returning stuff yes 

• riuken1riuken1 Posts: 128
    edited December 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

of course I see this after buying Bone Minion generation 4 to G9 crying

but then again most stuff I want to convert is indeed V4 and M4 anyway and give me skanky feet and hands on genesis 1+ and need to be saved as duf for this

still thanks heart I will look into it for everything else since I hate returning stuff yes 

You can try use Richard converter for the Michael and Victoria to G8F/M, and them conver G9.

https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/86848/m4h4f4-pose-transfer-to-g8m

https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/86820/v4a4-to-g8f-pose-transfer

Post edited by riuken1 on
  • riuken1 said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

You can try use Richard converter for the Michael and Victoria to G8F/M, and them conver G9.

I already felt bad spending so thanks for making me feel worse wink 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

riuken1 said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I already felt bad spending so thanks for making me feel worse wink 

Here is my sincere unsolicited advice: Return what you don't need. There is no shame in that. It is one of the advertised features of shopping at the Daz store. Ask for store credit. The money will just go back to Daz again that way anyway. smiley If you feel bad for the PA for returning their product, buy something else from the PA at a later time. There are several free pose converters that work remarkably well. Save your money for something that there is not a free version of.

• is OK I have only ever out of 263 pages of DAZ product returned 2 things in the 12 years I have been here and indeed bought something else from those PAs to compensate

just something I am uneasy doing, it works so cannot complain even if a free option exists

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

Thought I'd give this one a test and it's very much not working for me.  Was the script designed to work if the base figure and the pose are located in different content libraries? 

• Thank you veru much !