Genesis 1/2/3/8/9 to Genesis 3/8/9 Pose Converter (Updated 2023-04-28)

2»

Comments

• Cybersox said:

Thought I'd give this one a test and it's very much not working for me.  Was the script designed to work if the base figure and the pose are located in different content libraries?

That should not be a problem, i have some poses in a different library and they load without issues. What poses are you having problems with ? Can you send me one of them so i can see why it isn't working ?

• This is so strange, it worked perfectly first time I tried it, but I updated it a while ago when the G3-8 versions were added, and when I tried it today it didn't work anymore. It does recognize the figure (it's asking me to select, if the right character isn't selected), but it doesn't do anything other than that.

• ioonrxoon said:

This is so strange, it worked perfectly first time I tried it, but I updated it a while ago when the G3-8 versions were added, and when I tried it today it didn't work anymore. It does recognize the figure (it's asking me to select, if the right character isn't selected), but it doesn't do anything other than that.

@Cybersox and @ioonrxoon i managed to find some poses that didn't load for me as well. They are hierarchical pose presets and they store the information a bit differently than normal presets. When then G3 and G8 versions were added, i've made some changes to also load pose control properties which broke hierarchical preset loading.

I've corrected the problem, please let me know if the attached script works.

dsa
    dsa
    G9 Pose Converter.dsa
  • I figured out the issue in my case, I had the smart content pane plugin disabled and the script just stopped when it tried to find it and wasn't able to.

• Is there a minimum version of DS this works with? I can't get it to work with 4.11. (I can load G9 and G8.1 characters and assets in 4.11, and they seem to work correctly.)

• @ioonrxoon Please try the attached script, it should work if the smart content pane is disabled.

@meganappstate It should work on 4.9.2 and newer based on the API documentation. I made a clean install of 4.11 and it works without issues, do you have any plugins disabled ? If you disabled the content library or smart pane please try the version attached to this post.

dsa
    dsa
    G9 Pose Converter.dsa
  • Thanks!

• no funciona amigo, me haces perder el tiempo.

• pedritox24 said:

no funciona amigo, me haces perder el tiempo.

Please tell me what doesn't work.

• perlkperlk Posts: 847

Wonderful, thank you! Can't wait to try it.

• riuken1riuken1 Posts: 128
    edited April 2023

Thanks for the scrips, untill now i was using the old ones  you have on renderosity, for some reason the version you had here never work for me. I test the new update on G3,G8 and G9, and work. Any chance in the future we get a G8.1 version of the scrip? Any way thanks again this is very usefull. I try to post a picture here but no let me, link to my DA. https://www.deviantart.com/ryucen/art/Genesis-1-2-3-8-9-to-Genesis-3-8-9-Pose-Coverter-960106272

Post edited by riuken1 on
  • HappyboyHappyboy Posts: 53

It doesn't work for me . Will tell me I have selected the wrong figure but when I select the right figure it just says  "an error occurred while reading the file"

edited April 2023

Happyboy said:

It doesn't work for me . Will tell me I have selected the wrong figure but when I select the right figure it just says  "an error occurred while reading the file"

Did yo download the zip  at the start of the first page? did you create the custom action for each script? For some reason the scrips stop working for me, I fixed by removing the custom action and creating new ones.

Post edited by riuken1 on
  • riuken1 When you say 8.1 version, are you referring to FACS expressions ? Other than expressions, the G8 script works for 8.1 figures and the G3/G9 scripts work for presets made for 8.1, at least for the ones i have.

Happyboy Please attach the log file after running the script. You must have a figure selected in the scene and a pose preset selected in the Content Library / Smart Content pane.

n_alexandru said:

riuken1 When you say 8.1 version, are you referring to FACS expressions ? Other than expressions, the G8 script works for 8.1 figures and the G3/G9 scripts work for presets made for 8.1, at least for the ones i have.

Thanks for the info, I test, and yes is working, no the expresions. In the past wen I choose, 8.1 a pupup  show up telling me that I need to choose a G8 figure wen using 8.1, tho I was using your renderosity scrips. Any whay thaks for your work, and have a god day.

• I've had issues with updating the renderosity scripts, their site wasn't working. They've fixed the problem so i've updated them as well.

• This is SOOOO useful.  I am so pleased I won't have to abandon my collection of G8/3 poses as I expand my portfolio of G9 characters.   You are a treasure of our Daz community.  Thank you. 

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Tried converting a G3F pose to G8F but got an error. This is from the log file:

2023-08-01 11:16:59.111 [INFO] :: Loading script: E:/DAZ Studio/DIM Content/Scripts/!Pose Utilities/n_alexandru/G8 Pose Converter.dsa

2023-08-01 11:16:59.114 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 791

2023-08-01 11:16:59.114 [WARNING] :: SyntaxError: Unable to parse JSON string

2023-08-01 11:16:59.115 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@E:/DAZ Studio/DIM Content/Scripts/!Pose Utilities/n_alexandru/G8 Pose Converter.dsa:791

• Thanks, this is perfect.

• This is brilliant and so easy to use, thank you for taking the time to make this. I was being driven mad looking for a solution for converting animations. Cheers!

• InkuboInkubo Posts: 744

Thanks for this! Over time, I bought lots of pose converters, but somehow nothing that would update Genesis 1 poses. This script gave me a great start!

• This is amazing. thank you.

• Works like a charm!

Thank you!!!

Now, if you would be so kind to write a script that would allow us to unninstall products from the Daz Content tab, specifically content from other store, so not installed via DIM, you would be a GOD!!!!

• emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 493

Thanks, is very useful and works very well!:)

•  Hi n_alexandru   I wanted to include my sincere thanks to you for this remarkable gift! I refered to it in another post, alerting people to it. And I wanted to add here the point that, to me, it's a converter from V4 through G9! The aniblocks for V4 usually work well on G1, IMO, so I load them on G1, and proceed like the aniblock was made for that figure, convert it to G9 and the results have been great! The only issue has been with a V4 aniblock where the body twists more than 180 %.  The twisting stops at 180% and the hip (?) does a Z rotation at that point(I think), then it's OK for the rest of it. I've tried turning limits off with no luck so far, but this just happened, so I'll be trying it all again. Maybe something fixable in graphmate, but I have no idea how to use that. Anyway, I very much appreciate this wonderful script, thank you! / peace

•   Just wanted to clarify that it was actually a V4 aniblock that was already converted and sold for G8F.  And "the body twists" is referring to having mostly the torso doing Y rotation that seems to originally turn more than 180% but can't in the conversion, then the figure does Z rotation instead. But have a happy everything ! smiley/ peace

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,481

@n_alexandru Thank you for your great work. There's actually many places to download from: here, at renderosity and github. Are they all up to date, and if not, what's the right place to download from ?

• stephanstephan Posts: 4

Why didn´t i find this earlyer? It´s a greate tool! Thank you so much for sharing!