Legacy Figure Morphs in DS: I forgot!

Hello,
I have loaded an old figure (Nybras) in DAZStudio ... in the past I have always used it with Poser and it worked fine.
I switched to DazStudio since Genesis came out ... Now I see all Nybras Morphs do not work in DS (they appear, grayed out and when I move the slider nothing happens).

How do I make those morphs work in DS? I believe these morphs were embeded in the .cr2, so there is not even a pose file to load them.

I recall there were some specific rules to use legacy figures in DS and make the morph work; but cannot find a reference here in the forum.

Thanks for help!

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

The original Nybras product http://www.daz3d.com/nybras ?  It comes with two .cr2 and both load and the morphs work for me in DS 4.8 Pro.   I attached a picture that shows I had changed most of the dials on the Parameter tab.  I don't know what is locking your Nybras morphs dials.

nybras sample.jpg
    1936 x 1055 - 228K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

What is the full path to the cr2's?

• ironcheeseironcheese Posts: 72
    edited August 2015

Hi, thank you both for your asnwers!
    I have found the Morphs: they are under General, as shown in Lindsey's screenshot. And they work!
    For some reason, when I load my Nybras (either the IK or JCM versions) a bunch of "import morphs" are created, which are the greyedout/not working ones I was lookingand trying to use ...
    Maybe this happens since at the time I only used Poser and was always diligent in erasing any DS file that came up after the install, I will try and reinstall it after a fresh download fro MyAccount.

Nybras.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 792K
    Post edited by ironcheese on
  • What is the full path to the cr2's?

D:\zzzMiniLibs\Creatures\Runtime\libraries\Character\!Fantasy\Nybras

while DS is in its default path

D:\DAZStudio\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4

• Hi, thank you both for your asnwers!
    I have found the Morphs: they are under General, as shown in Lindsey's screenshot. And they work!
    For some reason, when I load my Nybras (either the IK or JCM versions) a bunch of "import morphs" are created, which are the greyedout/not working ones I was lookingand trying to use ...
    Maybe this happens since at the time I only used Poser and was always diligent in erasing any DS file that came up after the install, I will try and reinstall it after a fresh download fro MyAccount.

Nope, reinstalled and restarted DS ... the "imported morphs" are still there

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

And you have "D:\zzzMiniLibs\Creatures" listed as a Poser-format content folder in Content Directory Manager?

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851
    edited August 2015

DS has never been able use Poser content as is, our import plugin is actually a converter, the one in DS4 converts Poser figures into a "poor mans" version of Genesis, while at the same time giving the user the illusion that it's still a Poser figure.

Those "imported morphs" are normal and you will find them on all Poser figures (base or conformer) that "load" into DS4, they are actually the morph deltas that you find in the targetGeom channels in the CR2, they had to be moved to the Body after "import" as that's the only place they would be able to access the mesh to still work, and to carry on the illusion dummy dials are put in their place on the skeleton.

As to why the valueParm dials are all under General, nobody bothered grouping the dials in the CR2 so that's the only place DS4 can put them.

Post edited by Bejaymac on
  • And you have "D:\zzzMiniLibs\Creatures" listed as a Poser-format content folder in Content Directory Manager?

Yes, it is mapped by DAZ as a Poser folder

And thank you Bejaymac for Your explanation!!