Morphing Genesis 3

Okay, I'm all the way out here on the end of the magic rope, an d I'm stuck for an answer. The usual "export with only the head visible" thing seems to get any deltas in the body as well when re-imported, even with a fresh launch of Studio and a completely new scene/G3F. I'm not sure what the difference is, but the existing tutorials aren't working.

My thinking is if I can get the morphs split properly, then I can tackle the lower eyelid rigging and hands as separate issues, and still have the pieces I need for packaging. I'm not as up-to-date on creature modeling and rigging as I might be, but I've always found that the best way to learn is to nearly kill myself trying to puzzle it out before asking to see what I may have missed.

Then try those things and see which bit works.

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I'd like to know how to seperate the head from the body too... preferably not using an axe. :)

• What are you trying to do? Split a morph that affects both head and body into separate head and body morphs? None of the Genesis figures allow you to export only some body parts to create a morph so I'm not sure what technique you have used before - the only method I know that works is to use a modeller to project the full morph onto only selected parts of the mesh, tidy up the join, load as a morph in DS and redo any ERC or correction morphs.

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096

What are you trying to do? Split a morph that affects both head and body into separate head and body morphs? None of the Genesis figures allow you to export only some body parts to create a morph so I'm not sure what technique you have used before - the only method I know that works is to use a modeller to project the full morph onto only selected parts of the mesh, tidy up the join, load as a morph in DS and redo any ERC or correction morphs.

That would explain it. Now I have to figure out how to use Maya to do the projections, unless someone has a procedure in another modeler I have access to. The tutorials in the docs section aren't particularly clear on this.

The other things I can't seem to find in 4.8 are Reverse Deformation or ERC bake. They must exist, but I can't find them.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited August 2015

ERC Freeze is now only active when the Parameters tab is in Edit Mode (I think, at least that's the only way I've ever been able to get it).

Reverse Deformations is a Morph Loader option...

morphloader options

imageupload3.png
    553 x 535 - 27K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited August 2015
    mjc1016 said:

ERC Freeze is now only active when the Parameters tab is in Edit Mode (I think, at least that's the only way I've ever been able to get it).

Reverse Deformations is a Morph Loader option...

morphloader options

It's nto ERC Freeze I need to find, it's ERC Bake, so I can kill ERC after a screwup. As for any of the information on that screenshot, I've never seen any of it. I only ever get my object file. Could be I'm doing something wrong.

Projecting deltas doesn't seem to be a readily available feature in Maya LT.

Post edited by DarkSpartan on

Click on the little arrow to the left of the morph...

ERC Bake...I know I saw that somewhere, too...now where.  I usually just close out, without saving and restart...

edited August 2015
    mjc1016 said:

Click on the little arrow to the left of the morph...

ERC Bake...I know I saw that somewhere, too...now where.  I usually just close out, without saving and restart...

I did find it, thanks. I usually do a closeout as well, but if I can save a morph without starting again, that would be great.

The most recent Rumiko morph has her hands rescaled, and as the rigging in her hands is messed up if I don't change it, and if I do, her thumb is badly out of position after the change. Also, her lower eyelids seem to not want to come up when I close her eyes. I have no idea why. The eye thing is something that worked fine the last time I used this version, so I'm not sure why it's not working now.

Also, use Object -> Morph Loader Pro, or Figure? Seems like either works, at least some of the time.

Post edited by DarkSpartan on

The eyes are because of all the new bones...not quite sure how to handle them.

One of the things I've found that seems to work is to leave them 'out of the loop'...uncheck them from a freeze, but if they need to be scaled or something I don't know.  Maybe do a two-stage process?

I use City Limits, so I use the Morph Loader Pro icon on the far right, which always works, for me.

mjc1016 said:

The eyes are because of all the new bones...not quite sure how to handle them.

One of the things I've found that seems to work is to leave them 'out of the loop'...uncheck them from a freeze, but if they need to be scaled or something I don't know.  Maybe do a two-stage process?

I use City Limits, so I use the Morph Loader Pro icon on the far right, which always works, for me.

City Limits? I know not this thing. You have a link?

Scratch that. I found it.

Okay, looks like I've got it. Not clicking "adjust orientation" when changing the rigging avoided the hands and eyes issues nicely, and the rest of it ran without snags.

Now to hope the textures aren't messed up...