Display card and cloud

my render is so slow in nvdia Iray 
my computer is i7 4790k, no display card
so i want to ask what Display card should i buy!!? (i also use aftereffect in 3D)
and i see there are a cloud option how do i use it!!?

Comments

• KurzonDaxKurzonDax Posts: 228

If you have a 4790, you have a fairly recent motherboard, so the simplest answer to your question is buy the best Nvidia-based video card that has at least 4GB of RAM that you can afford.   I would recommend continuing to use the built-in Intel graphics to run your monitor and use the Nvidia card just for rendering.  However, I don't use AfterEffects, so I'm not sure if it would take advantage of the Nvidia card resources in this configuration.

One thing to consider, though, is how big your power supply is and whether it can support a high-end GPU.  Not all power supplies have the required power connectors necessary, and low wattage supplies just can't handle the power demand.

• my list!! 
    i7-4790K     465
    mother----- ASRock Z97 Extreme4 198

ssd-----Samsung 850 EVO 120G 104

case----Cosair 100R 82

power----Antec HCG Modular 520M 104

HHD----Seagate 3.5" Barracuda 2tb 98

ram----16G Kit 1600 (8Gx2) Kingston 145

total------- 1196

which 
    Display card i should use!!? 
    any good one u can think of!!? :)

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

That power supply is probably not big enough to run decent card for rendering.

fastbike1 said:

That power supply is probably not big enough to run decent card for rendering.

Agreed, except for maybe some of the lower-end cards.  Corsair has a 750 watt bronze that's in the same price range.  The gold version is about $40 more.  The difference being the efficiancy of the power supply.  I am a big fan of Corsair units.  I have them in four PCs here in the house that all run 24/7, including my box that I use for graphics.

Back to OP's original question, it really comes down to what you can afford or want to spend.  I run a similar setup to what you have listed except 32GB of RAM and an Asus mobo.  I use a GTX 970, and all things considered, I'm pretty happy with it.  The limitation for me is the 4GB of RAM on it, and even with an overclocked i7 4790, CPU rendering can still be excruciating for someone with my lack of patience.  Unfortunately, to get an Nvidia card with 6Gb or more RAM is pretty cost-prohibitive for me.

• so with my power suppler what diplay card i can use and cloud option!!??

• No, cloud options require an nVidia VCA - either your own (why, hello Mr Gates) or available through a render farm service. I'm not sure this is fully working yet, last I saw it was still tagged beta though not having the requirements I haven't been paying attention.

• so with my list what display card i can use?

my list!! 
    i7-4790K     465
    mother----- ASRock Z97 Extreme4 198

ssd-----Samsung 850 EVO 120G 104

case----Cosair 100R 82

power----Antec HCG Modular 520M 104

HHD----Seagate 3.5" Barracuda 2tb 98

ram----16G Kit 1600 (8Gx2) Kingston 145

total------- 1196

• SoneSone Posts: 84

I will help you my friend. this card will get you going into iRAY. You need nvidia cuda cores and this card has 1024 cuda cores, this will get you going quite nice and this card won't break your wallet. it is also quiet so you wont hate life while rendering. See link below...it is a MSI and they are a good company to buy products from.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127860

• power----Antec HCG Modular 520M 

so i have enough power for this GPU? :)

• and how come this card!!?
    so to get you going into iRAY
    i have to have nvidia cuda cores?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Iray can run in CPU, but CUDA cores can be a lot faster

• SoneSone Posts: 84

power----Antec HCG Modular 520M 

so i have enough power for this GPU? :)

Yes you do have enough. :)

Iray is limted to only use Nvidia graphic processors and they call them CUDA cores.

AMD uses Stream processors and not recognized by Daz Iray.

I estimate your Iray renders will be 4x faster than your current renders in Iray with the card I linked to.

You asked why this particular card? Because that is the one I'd buy if I owned your system and it's spec's. I build and upgrade computers a lot. :)

• that mean all the Nvidia  GeForce should be fine!!? :)

• and Y MSI !!?
    and are there a different betweent 4GB and 2GB in DAZ 3D and after effect!!?