Problem with beard following expressions

geoffmccabegeoffmccabe Posts: 39

We have made a beard using Fibermesh in Zbrush, then import to Daz using the Transfer utility, and skin/rig it.

The problem is that it only works for certain morphs.  For example, "Cheek Bones" works, and the beard will follow the adjustments.  But "Cheeks Sink" doesn't work.

For static poses, we can adjust manually with Zbrush, but that's time-consuming and doesn't work for animation.   Can anyone suggest anything to try to get it to work automatically with all morphs, poses, animations, etc?

Thanks.

Please remember that changing text backgrounds can make the text unreadable for the forum's dark theme.  Your post showed like this:  http://prntscr.com/83ozrb  ~ Mod

Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• I should mention that as far as i can tell it doesn't work with any morphs of the mouth, lips, etc.  It works for opening and closing the mouth and that's about it.  Somehow the mesh doesn't want to follow certain types of morphs and we don't know why and don't know where to start to fix this.   Thanks again.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Most of the face morphs have autofollow set to Off so they won't distort hair, helmets, etc.  You would need to tuern Autofollow on for those morphs.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006

I recall reading in some instructions for turning on the autofollow for face hair, that also this needs to be done before adding the hair pieces.

• If you want to rig a beard to follow expression morphs, you can use my pdf tutorial: http://www.sharecg.com/v/78351/gallery/3/PDF-Tutorial/Rigging-Facial-Hair-in-Daz-Studio-4.6+

--MW

• Thanks for the help, For others, I'll explain in detail what I found worked.

For each of the morphs that needed to work, you click the GEAR icon on each morph, then "Parameter Settings" and then click the Auto Follow box.

This must be done to each and every morph, (poses and shaping) BEFORE applying the beard to the face, or they won't work.   This is extremely inconvenient of course, because if you need to add a morph later for animation, then you need to remove the beard, go back and set the morphs you want, then add the beard again, adjust it again, etc.

Does anyone know if there's a method to automatically set all the morphs to Auto Follow so they don't have to be all done in advance one by one like this?

• Thanks for the help, For others, I'll explain in detail what I found worked.

For each of the morphs that needed to work, you click the GEAR icon on each morph, then "Parameter Settings" and then click the Auto Follow box.

This must be done to each and every morph, (poses and shaping) BEFORE applying the beard to the face, or they won't work.   This is extremely inconvenient of course, because if you need to add a morph later for animation, then you need to remove the beard, go back and set the morphs you want, then add the beard again, adjust it again, etc.

Does anyone know if there's a method to automatically set all the morphs to Auto Follow so they don't have to be all done in advance one by one like this?