Fresh install, content wonky - Solved

KC Riley-GyerKC Riley-Gyer Posts: 165

I've just done a fresh install of the DIM, DS and all my content onto my partner's brand new computer. After 3 days, we open it to play only to receive error messages of some assets can't be found and the item (regardless of what it is) is all blocky. I have triple checked the DIM settings and DS settings and I can't work out what's wrong. I would normally include a screen shot but he hasn't installed a graphics program yet and I'm not used to win8 so can't find the one that usually comes with windows.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Post edited by KC Riley-Gyer on

Comments

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114

It sounds like you may have missied a few of the Essentials bundles that come free with Studio.Thats the reason everything is all blocky, and the files are missing.

To take an easy screen shot...

Press the "PrtScn" print sceen button on your keyboard.Then press the Windows button+R to open the "Run" dialog.type "mspaint.exe" and pres enter or click "Ok" to open microsoft paint.Now press the CTRL+V button to paste your sceen shot into paint.

• Thanks icecrmn. All the content installed but I'll uninstall the Essentials and reinstall them to see if that fixes the problem.

Sorry for the delay, I wasn't notified of your response.

No problem :)

What's happening is Studio can't find the geometry files so that makes everything blocky.This can happen several ways.DIM and Studio have seperate settings for the location of the content folders.You may need to check to make sure DIM and Studio both point to the same folders so both programs can find your content.

• Okay, how do I check that in DS? I already know in the DIM.

With Studio open press F2 or click Edit>Preferences .This will open the settings menu.Click the "Content Library" tab along the top and on the bottom of the content library tab there is a big button for the "Content Directory Manager" Click that and it will open a menu for choosing your content folders.Press the little plus sign to expand the lists.Daz Studio and Poser both need to point to the same location as where DIM installs the content.

• Thank you for that. I'll check that out first before the uninstall and reinstall. Back later lol

• icecrmn, thank you so much. It turned out that DS's content folders weren't pointing to the same location as the DIM. I now don't have to do any uninstalls/reinstalls :D

You're welcome :)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

icecrmn, thank you so much. It turned out that DS's content folders weren't pointing to the same location as the DIM. I now don't have to do any uninstalls/reinstalls :D

Uninstalling/reinstalling should be the last thing to do...more often than not, it is exactly what you found it was...the DIM and Studio pointing to different folders.