Problem using with win 10

I just installed win 10 on my comp it works just fine, except when I go into daz. My mouse now continually dissapears on me in daz, I know its not the mouse becuase it works just fine outside of daz.

Comments

• SoneSone Posts: 84

Hi heritage. I have win 10 on 3 machines with Daz.       Uninstall Daz....then Update your graphics driver....then reinstall Daz and it should work fine. It will be worth it with your Windows 10 upgrade.

Hope that helps

• i'm having problems with the layouts. The scene area is very small and the left and right areas won't ajust in any way!

dbb

studio.png
    645 x 406 - 48K
  • Please attach a full-sized screen shot - I can't read the tab labels on that. I suspect the issue is that you have panes with a high minimum width on both sides.

• Please attach a full-sized screen shot - I can't read the tab labels on that. I suspect the issue is that you have panes with a high minimum width on both sides.

Sooory! See attachment.

dbb

fullscreen.png
    1280 x 800 - 118K
  • Both the Surfaces and Script IDE pane are quit large, on the right - but the worst issue seem s to be on the elft and I can't read the tabs there as they are hidden under the viewport edge. Click the active tab on the right - cameras in the screenshot - to collapse the group down to the edge of the screen and then take another screenshot with the tabs on the left (hopefully) visible.

• I changed the render setting which made the Sence larder but I closed Studio and I can'i adjust any of the dockings. On the left I lost all the other items I had docked. Do you think i shoukd try changing the other layouts? Ot\r maybe close all the panes and dock them?

thanks for your help!!!!

dbb

• I changed the render setting which made the Sence larder but I closed Studio and I can'i adjust any of the dockings. On the left I lost all the other items I had docked. Do you think i shoukd try changing the other layouts? Ot\r maybe close all the panes and dock them?

thanks for your help!!!!

dbb

I loaded a different layout - looks better but I czn't make the left or right panes any smaller - - if I use this then I'll just need to minimize the l & r panes to get a good view of the View pane.

dbb

NewLayout.png
    1280 x 800 - 125K
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Not had any issues with Daz; I have with another product, so I'm not using it much until that is sorted as its security related. The fix is in the works apparently...

• I loaded City Limits and the left pane isn't like the preview! It seems  no matter which layout I choose the left pane dosen't display properly. I'm thinking I need to reinstall-1!?

Any thoughts?

dbb

panes.png
    1280 x 800 - 133K

Was it a clean install of windows 10, or an upgrade?

I didn't try mine until I'd actually done a clean install. I presume others are not getting issues with the upgrade though, I just don't want all the crap on my system.

I would certainly try uninstalling Daz, there should be no need to uninstall content. Ideally put that on a seperate drive so when you have to re-install windows it isn't an issue.

• nicstt said:

Was it a clean install of windows 10, or an upgrade?

I didn't try mine until I'd actually done a clean install. I presume others are not getting issues with the upgrade though, I just don't want all the crap on my system.

I would certainly try uninstalling Daz, there should be no need to uninstall content. Ideally put that on a seperate drive so when you have to re-install windows it isn't an issue.

The win 10 was the upgrade. I did find I had the .56 ver of Stu so I uninstalled and put the .59 on. Fig_1 shows that if all 3 panes are displayed I loose the tabs on left pane. Fig_2 shows with the right pane colapsed the tabs show up. I'm not able the stretch or resize the panes.

So for now it will be show one side or the other!

Thanks to all for your help and I'm interested in others experiences too!!
    dbb

fig_1.png
    1280 x 800 - 133K
    fig_2.png
    1280 x 800 - 145K

What screen res are you using?

• nicstt said:

What screen res are you using?

Looks like it is 1280x800

Sorry for taking so long but I had to get some sleep!

dbb

Tools might need certain amounts of real-estate; you had the same before windows 10?