13»

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,250

Artini said:

Another Duplicate Formulas found problem for these 2 recent sets:
    https://www.daz3d.com/mb-yomi-hd-for-genesis-9-feminine
    and
    https://www.daz3d.com/mb-carmel-hd-for-genesis-9-feminine
    Anybody has found, how to fix these errors?

They have been reproted to Daz, if possible it may be better to wait for the official fix so you don't end up with scenes/presets using your fix that then gets overwritten by the official fix and so breaks the previous saves.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,902

Thanks for the information, Richard.

I plan to do some renders of both characters and then uninstall one of them.

• DasTriDasTri Posts: 1

In three files for Yomi the reference to Carmel was not replaced by the author, which means Yomi writed into the Carmel dataspace.
    If you open the following three files you will find references to Carmel. Replace "Carmel" with "Yomi" - four times in each file - and it will work fine. At least it did so with me.

MB_Yomi_body_cbs_head_x25p.dsf

MB_Yomi_body_cbs_thigh_z90n_l.dsf

MB_Yomi_body_cbs_thigh_z90n_r.dsf

They should be in:
    \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 9\Base\Morphs\MagicBrush\MB Yomi

• Do conflicts like this also throw Duplicate Formula errors if you don't have one or more of those characters in a scene?  I ask because lately I've been getting that error and I don't (think I) have any of those characters loaded in the scene.  0o

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,250

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

Do conflicts like this also throw Duplicate Formula errors if you don't have one or more of those characters in a scene?  I ask because lately I've been getting that error and I don't (think I) have any of those characters loaded in the scene.  0o

It doesn't matter whether or not the morphs are used, DS has to read the data (aside from the actual shape) in order to set up the links and show the slider, and the formulas are what is sued to specify the links. So as long as both are installed and not corrected the issue will be found on loading the figure.

• Gotcha.  So no need for me to turn my runtime upside down to figure out why the particular Genesis9 character(s) I'm loading throw that error... I just wait for these ones to get corrected, or I uninstall one of them.  I'll wait, since I have other, non-G9 Daz fish to fry anyway.  smiley

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,810
    edited April 6

I'm seeing a lot of "Duplicate Formulas" issues with pretty much all of MagicBrush's recent female characters. I've uninstalled them all for the time being, in the hope that DAZ will fix them in due course.

UPDATE: I've done some tests, and it seems that the MagicBrush characters that cause duplicate formula errors are MB Charece, MB Carmel, MB Yomi and MB Ines, which all seem to clash with MB Anezka (and, presumably, with each other). I'll open a ticket and let DAZ know what I've found.

Post edited by bytescapes on
  • gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 148
    edited April 7

I am still getting duplicate formulas found error message whenever I load a G9. This has been happening ever since I first loaded G9 base when it first became available (was that DAZ 4.20?) and before I purchased any G9 characters. I haven't purchased the morph packages that have been identified in this thread as having the duplicate forumulas- are they part of the base G9 figure?

Will installing the most recent G9 Starter Essentials updates cure the problem or are those addressing other areas?

Post edited by gfdamron1 on
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,277

gfdamron1 said:

I am still getting duplicate formulas found error message whenever I load a G9. This has been happening ever since I first loaded G9 base when it first became available (was that DAZ 4.20?) and before I purchased any G9 characters. I haven't purchased the morph packages that have been identified in this thread as having the duplicate forumulas- are they part of the base G9 figure?

Will installing the most recent G9 Starter Essentials updates cure the problem or are those addressing other areas?

You can  look at the help log to see what is causing the duplicate formulas ( Go to the top menu of Daz Studio, go to the Help menu choice > Troubleshooting > View Log.  Save the log as a text file and use Find to search for "duplicate").  Deinstall and reinstall the product named and see if that solves your problem.  If it doesn't, report back here. 

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 148
    edited April 8

Nemesis10, thanks so much for your suggestion! I was able to find the exact cause of the error. I've uninstalled the morph (Red Ant Suzette from RenderHub), and have contected the content creator.

I guess it's to be expected, but when I open a G9 that's been saved as a scene subset, DAZ still tries to find RA Suzette. If I deleted the scene subset and saved a new version, would DAZ still try to find the Suzette morph?

Post edited by gfdamron1 on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947

Any news on the progress of a fix for MB Carmel (at least)?

•         Today, April 12, I finally got a response from sales that my statement to MB had been sent. Having confirmed the duplicate formula issue had been reported, this was my approximate statement: / Carmel and Yomi both seem to have head normal
    maps where the "bump" doesn't extend down to the lower edge of the map,
    leaving a noticeable ring in the collar area. And the "bump" doesn't
    extend to the top edge of Yomi's arm normal map. The actual bump map for
    the Carmel arms is in the folder but the body bump map loads in the arm
    slot. /  But no report from sales that anything had been updated yet. / peace

• 3DmentiaNull said:

Today, April 12, I finally got a response from sales that my statement to MB had been sent. Having confirmed the duplicate formula issue had been reported, this was my approximate statement: / Carmel and Yomi both seem to have head normal
    maps where the "bump" doesn't extend down to the lower edge of the map,
    leaving a noticeable ring in the collar area. And the "bump" doesn't
    extend to the top edge of Yomi's arm normal map. The actual bump map for
    the Carmel arms is in the folder but the body bump map loads in the arm
    slot. /  But no report from sales that anything had been updated yet. / peace

Thanks for the update.

• Is this the thing that everybody's talking about?  I've been getting this for the last few weeks or so, whenever I try to load any G8 or G9 figure.  I have to say, it's proved to be a false flag so far and luckily I haven't run into any problems.  I hit 'ok' and it's gone.  It's just annoying.

DAZ error message.JPG
    495 x 93 - 15K
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,559

johnbuckeridge said:

Is this the thing that everybody's talking about?  I've been getting this for the last few weeks or so, whenever I try to load any G8 or G9 figure.  I have to say, it's proved to be a false flag so far and luckily I haven't run into any problems.  I hit 'ok' and it's gone.  It's just annoying.

It's not a false flag, it means that a morph that you have installed for that base character (G9) is not working correctly.

•     Hi all, there's no new updates that I'm aware of. But I'm so used to seeing the duplicate formula warning when loading G3, G8 and G8.1 that D/S has trained me to look at the screen while it's loading a scene and wait to click the warning off. Using 4.22 with G9, it only takes a short time to appear, so far, so it's no big deal to me. I modify items so much (just with scaling) it probably doesn't matter if some propritary morph doesn't work. But of course I hope these MB chars get fixed (some others reportedly have this issue too so I'll wait on futher MB purchases) more importantly to me, the normal map issues etc. However, this isn't keeping me from using Yomi and Carmel. laugh / peace

• PerttiA said:

johnbuckeridge said:

Is this the thing that everybody's talking about?  I've been getting this for the last few weeks or so, whenever I try to load any G8 or G9 figure.  I have to say, it's proved to be a false flag so far and luckily I haven't run into any problems.  I hit 'ok' and it's gone.  It's just annoying.

It's not a false flag, it means that a morph that you have installed for that base character (G9) is not working correctly.

Ah, interesting.  Still, it must be a pretty insignificant morph - for the life of me I can't see any significant difference. 

• Interesting addition to this topic: I went off to the day job today, having set up my Render Queue with a handful of scenes.  Only on the way back did it occur to me that the scenes may not load properly now because I wasn't present to clear the error message.  But no!  Everything has been processing just fine.  So it seems that, whatever this problem is doing, Render Queue somehow seems to be by-passing it.

• johnbuckeridge said:

Interesting addition to this topic: I went off to the day job today, having set up my Render Queue with a handful of scenes.  Only on the way back did it occur to me that the scenes may not load properly now because I wasn't present to clear the error message.  But no!  Everything has been processing just fine.  So it seems that, whatever this problem is doing, Render Queue somehow seems to be by-passing it.

Oh.  Just checked out the YouTube tutorial on Render Queue 3 by Notfrom Thisworld and apparently ignoring/ bypassing error messages is a key feature of the plugin.  (John finally catches up - eye roll!)

• DaugueffxiDaugueffxi Posts: 24

Artini said:

Another Duplicate Formulas found problem for these 2 recent sets:
    https://www.daz3d.com/mb-yomi-hd-for-genesis-9-feminine
    and
    https://www.daz3d.com/mb-carmel-hd-for-genesis-9-feminine
    Anybody has found, how to fix these errors?

Seems like having more than 1 magicbrush character causes this to happen.

• evacynevacyn Posts: 961

Just wanted to add that MB Bettie also has the duplicate formula issue. And given the previous comment, it looks like it's related to having more than one MB character. So, since I've reached my quota, I'll just avoid buying their stuff in the future.