Question about Real Life Heroes Police Officer for V4 (Poser)

Hello,

I just purchased the Real Life Heroes Police Office for V4 product and in the product description it says that the radio in the utility belt can be detached. Does anyone know how to do this? There is not dial on the belt for this and it is not a separate prop or body part from the belt itself. If anyone knows how this can be done I would be thankful for your help.

nabob21

Comments

• Good question, I don't see a way to remove it - and there isn't a prop version.

• Arnold CArnold C Posts: 740
    edited August 2015

Unfortunately, you can't. The gun can be hidden via the "HideGun" slider within the Parameters Tab (under "Morphs"), but the radio is fixed to the belt. I guess there would be the possibility to export the belt as .obj, remove the surrounding geometry in a software like Hexagon or Lightwave, and re-import the mesh into Studio. Haven't tried that yet on this special part of equipment, but have used Hexagon in the past to fix stray and missing polygons from models converted from the Cinema4D file-format to .obj. 

UPDATE: Did a little experiment. Removing the belt-dependent geometry in Hexagon works nicely (and this time even without it crashing some times in a row :)). With the correct export/import options set you can also apply the belt material to the imported radio prop. If you own Hexagon you can do this in a couple of minutes. In a couple of minutes more one should be able to convert the seperated radio into a smartprop. Below are screenies of the default belt prop and the imported radio .obj. 

Unfortunately, this is copyrighted material, else I'd send you the file if you don't own Hexagon.

V4PO_Radio.jpg
    1024 x 1456 - 279K
    Post edited by Arnold C on
  • The Michael 3 set does have a removable radio, I think the text is left over. If this is a deal-breaker please open a support ticket to request a refund.

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 919

Thank you both for your replies. It would have been nice to have the ability to detach the radio but it is what it is I guess. I don't have hexagon and don't know how to use it so I guess I am out of luck in this respect. I'll probably keep it since it is a nice set but they need to amend the product description.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

Is the belt (and radio) a separate item?  If so you could load a duplicate and either use the geometry editor to hide/remove the belt portion, or it may be possible to hide it via surfaces.  Then you'd have a radio 'floating around by itself.  Presumably the inverse would be needed to leave the character just wearing a belt?