Obj missing problem

So I import an obj file and save my daz setup. Next time I open the project the obj cannot be found and the scene appears useless. Is there any way of replacing this obj file with another, aka AE with replace footage?

gav

Comments

• Was the OBJ still in the original location? Where was it, and where is your content directory?

• Arnold CArnold C Posts: 740

You can place an obj at the place where you imported your original obj from. Studio should tell you in a pop-up window what the problem is and where the thing resided it can't find no more. At least mine does. If you name that new obj the same as the original one (in case you don't have it anymore), Studio shouldn't notice any difference and load the scene like nothing happened.

Better you save your obj scene object as "Scene Subset" or "Wearable", etc in the future. Studio will then create a .dsf in "data/auto_adapted" for this. Then you can delete the obj from the place you've imported it, since Studio will load the geometry now rather from the .dsf than the obj. Things will only get complicated if you trash that dsf as well. Replacing the missing obj with the newly created scene subset (or wearable) and re-saving your scene should solve the problem.

Subset.jpg
    1024 x 728 - 148K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Arnold C. said:

Better you save your obj scene object as "Scene Subset" or "Wearable", etc in the future. Studio will then create a .dsf in "data/auto_adapted" for this. Then you can delete the obj from the place you've imported it, since Studio will load the geometry now rather from the .dsf than the obj. Things will only get complicated if you trash that dsf as well. Replacing the missing obj with the newly created scene subset (or wearable) and re-saving your scene should solve the problem.

Why not figure/prop asset?

• Thanks for all the replies, I guess it's a work around. Had exactly the same problem this morning. The scene can't find any of the obj files but they're all there in the same place as I originally loaded them from.

Screen grab attached

gav

Screen Shot 2015-08-14 at 11.32.05 am.png
    2150 x 1112 - 269K
  • Why the two "Volumes" in the path?

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,523

If you start the Terminal.app (located in /Applications/Utilities) and type

cd /Volumes (followed by return)

Then type ls (followed by return)

and copy the text you see and paste it here, I can start to figure out what the problem is...