Convert Daz3d lights to poser

I'm having a delima, I have Daz3d Danaides for daz3d and Poser DSON. the model works fine in poser but i'd like a way to bring the daz3d ligh set to poser, I tried creating a poser companion file, but that just makes 1 bright light in poser

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Doesn't work that way — Poser and D|S handle lighting so differently, you just can't use one program's settings file in another program.

• so theres no way to get the light sets into poser

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

You can try to load them...but chances are, the best you can hope for is that there is something that shows up at the original location, so you can replace it with a Poser light.

• yea I would just like to import the lights so I know their location.

• Sounds like an opportunity for a commercial product. - Run a script in Daz to collect light info (position, intensity, etc.) - Save it as a text file - Open Poser, run a companion script - It reads the text file and created new lights based on that info. Beyond my abilities, but it really doesn't sound too difficult.
  • Sounds like an opportunity for a commercial product. - Run a script in Daz to collect light info (position, intensity, etc.) - Save it as a text file - Open Poser, run a companion script - It reads the text file and created new lights based on that info. Beyond my abilities, but it really doesn't sound too difficult.
    Exactly!