[Solved] Bethany 7 error

nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I've raised the issue by raising a ticket, but I'm curious if anyone else has a problem; I can't post the image due to tos. Load Bethany 7 texture on to default female, rendering shows an error at the base of the brease. Reducing the size of the breast accentuates the error, or makes it more obvious, but it is apparent without. Using Camile for Bethany 7 doesn't give the same error, although on the default G3 female she uses Basic Female UVs, whereas Bethany (as expected) uses Bethany 7 UVs - no idea why Camile doesn't but I'm glad as there is no error. Makes the usefulness of the Bethany character more limiting, if it is an error and not something wrong with my setup.

I've uninstalled Bethany 7 and Camile, deleted the files and redownloaded them and get the same error.

Post edited by nicstt on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Can you be more specific?  I've tried this in both 3delight and Iray and don't see anything.  Is it between the breasts, on the bottom surface of the breasts?  What does it look like?

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited August 2015

Hopefully this wont get removed. It is an annoying stipulation at times like these.

error bethany02 7.JPG
    556 x 91 - 31K
    Post edited by nicstt on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

This isn't a texture issue, Bethany's morph is flawed, there is an indented crease below both breast.  Look at her in Smooth Shader mode to see the problem.

edited August 2015

I'm not using any Bethany morphs though, only the textures on a Genesis 3 default model; in surfaces it changes the model to Bethany 7, as expected. What wasn't expected was that Camile (sold as 'for Bethany 7' - http://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-camile-hd-for-bethany-7) doesn't convert the UVs to Bethany 7 when loading its textures onto the default female. Indeed, when loading the character, she certainly looks like a derivative of Bethany, very voluptuous, but still uses Base Female UVs.

I don't see any issues with the geometry when looking at her in various modes, only when rendered.

jestmart said:

This isn't a texture issue, Bethany's morph is flawed, there is an indented crease below both breast.  Look at her in Smooth Shader mode to see the problem.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,114
    edited August 2015

I think it's the normal maps - try turning them off (there's a preset for that). Normal maps are going to be sensitive to the shape, and that area does change between base and Bethany 7.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Thanks for the suggestion, Richard; I was excited as it seemed very plausable. It was spot on, thank you again.