ADMAYA.COM Invaild site certifacate

IvyIvy Posts: 7,156

Anyone else getting this Alert notices from their Virus protection everytime I log into my wish list or the shopping cart i keep getting these alert messages stating there is a Invaild site certifacte By Admaya.com.  and wants me to dicconecct from the sites server. I am using Kaspersky Total Interent Suite protection on my system  I have clear all my chache and cookies and refresh my browsers and i still keep getting this alert message but only on my wishlist & in the shopping cart or on check out and so far only here at daz.

The last time I was getting alerts like this was at renderosity and shortly afterwards my Discover card was comprimised  so this is why I'm asking if anyone is getting these alerts or is this a site Bug?

Im posting the screen shots of the Alert 

Capture.JPG
1131 x 792 - 93K
Capture2.JPG
1491 x 933 - 143K
Post edited by Ivy on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited August 2015

You may want to do a malware scam.  I get nothing about that site from here, but it's an ad server that deposits cookies from a number of big sites.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,156
    edited August 2015

I ran malwarebyte and it found nothing on my system  and from what I have read on google its a company that webSites use for paid for click ads. and accroding to their web site info i could find its has to be on the hosting site which would be daz because its the only site so far i have got this alert on  http://admaym.com.w3snoop.com/

edit i found this infor too  https://www.virustotal.com/en/domain/s.admaym.com/information/

Post edited by Ivy on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2015

I have my AV dialled up to maximum security level, and I use Avast, which is notably paranoid about things, and I get nothing either.

But I did find this   http://admaya.com.gowebreport.com/

Post edited by Chohole on
    Chohole said:

I have my AV dialled up to maximum security level, and I use Avast, which is notably paranoid about things, and I get nothing either.

Well I dunno where to search next.  I can't seem to find anything pertaining to this web site on my computer . . But when I signed into Daz I got that Alert message again. so I closed Firefox and signed into Rendo, Google Mail and Photoshop.com  with google chrome and I did not receive this massage. so I cleared everything histories, cookies, interent temps folder and I signed back into Daz using Google chrome instead of Firfox I got it again.  and then when I click disconnect it won't let me view my daz's shopping cart its a gray screen.  So I added it to my unsafe list until I know what it is.  
    Do you think that there may be something undetectable that Maleware bytes don't detect. I'm running Running a deep scan with Kaspersky and so far at 91% its found nothing either. 

So I did a google search and I found this information http://cookiepedia.co.uk/host/admaym.com  which it says it a web site service for placing targeting ads on web sites so that is why i thought daz maybe using them for a third party cookie service or something. . other than that can't find where anyone else is getting Any of these Alert either... Just weird.

But anyway here is the screen shot of when i just signed in with google chorme  showing i got the same alert 

This the alert on google chorme.

Capture3.JPG
    1650 x 947 - 180K
    edited August 2015
    Chohole said:

Well I dunno where to search next.  I can't seem to find anything pertaining to this web site on my computer . . But when I signed into Daz I got that Alert message again. so I closed Firefox and signed into Rendo, Google Mail and Photoshop.com  with google chrome and I did not receive this massage. so I cleared everything histories, cookies, interent temps folder and I signed back into Daz using Google chrome instead of Firfox I got it again.  and then when I click disconnect it won't let me view my daz's shopping cart its a gray screen.  So I added it to my unsafe list until I know what it is.  
    Do you think that there may be something undetectable that Maleware bytes don't detect. I'm running Running a deep scan with Kaspersky and so far at 91% its found nothing either. 

So I did a google search and I found this information http://cookiepedia.co.uk/host/admaym.com  which it says it a web site service for placing targeting ads on web sites so that is why i thought daz maybe using them for a third party cookie service or something. . other than that can't find where anyone else is getting Any of these Alert either... Just weird.

But anyway here is the screen shot of when i just signed in with google chorme  showing i got the same alert 

This the alert on google chorme.

This what happens when I click disconnect 

Capture4.JPG
    1912 x 939 - 205K
    Post edited by Ivy on

I should mention also than when I clicked the privacy plicy in the middle of the gray screen it took me to this page on daz. http://www.daz3d.com/privacy-policy

edited August 2015

Okay I completely went throught my computer updated and ran Malware bytes. than I updated and Ran a deep scan with my AV , and then I went to Kasperky site and let them the tech person scan my system for bugs , I cleared my browser chache and histories, and temp internet folders manually and then i let malware bytes clean my system after i had done that.. My system is clean ..so I was reading the information my AV report and bowser security watch log says this is coming from out side my computer located on the site i just signed into.and its a report that the site certifacte is invalid ,  so I'll send a support ticket in on this because its only coming from daz & when i sign into the Daz's site no other time , no other sites have i got this alert from Kaspersky

for the record this capture is what I got just now when i signed in . which matches the rest of them i have gotten.

last time.JPG
    1893 x 1170 - 218K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,069

I'm not sure just where you're getting this - I don't see any entry in the DAZ web source that refers to admaya.com. My suggestion is to just block admaya.com with AdBlock Plus or your favorite ad blocker.

hI namffuak.   ThatI s what I did I added it to my URL black list on my Kaskersky AV and blocked it& reported it as a Suspious URL to my AV and once i did that i stop getting these annoying alerts messages.  I found it really wierd that it was only getting this when i signed in here at daz though.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited August 2015

What is possible, is that one of daz's marketing partners outsources some of their work. It's not uncommon. For example "Lars Advertising" may subcontract out to "Midnight Ads". They may work with many other companies. Due to how things are worded and how contracts are done this happens a lot in Ecommerce.

Once the Lars advertisting pixel is loaded, it could then pull up any of my partner companies to transfer data. Depending on how things are set up, it's even possible some users get different pixels than others...

But in this case I also don't see adMaya, but I haven't made it to my cart yet.(different pages can have different pixels on them)

Cart did not have AdMaya, but without adblock on ghostery does report 19 trackers/beacons. 14 of which are not facebook/google. That's a lot of networks. Not specifcally for daz but some beacons are just for on-site customization and don't neccesarrily follow you elsewhere.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited August 2015

Thanks for explaination larsmidnatt that make ssense, I do have ad blocking on  & \ today since i signed in here at daz I have it showing its blocking 4 web anilytics, 9 ad agenacies request. & 15 web becons .. Kaspersky just updated their software a couple of weeks ago so maybe they changes some stuff in their AV to detect all this stuff. and it would explain why Maleware bytes did not find anything on my PC like i said once i added this to my Black list I stop getting this alert.

As you can see do have ad blocking on now so maybe this will stop future alerts like these.

Capture.JPG
    1360 x 938 - 171K
    Post edited by Ivy on

Yeah, hopefully you are good to go now. One of the things that make stuff like this tricky is the dynamic nature of the pixels. Just because it isn't doing it now, doesn't mean it didn't happen for a bit.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Ivy said:

Kaspersky just updated their software a couple of weeks ago so maybe they changes some stuff in their AV to detect all this stuff. and it would explain why Maleware bytes did not find anything on my PC like i said once i added this to my Black list I stop getting this alert.

MBAM didn't find anything on your machine...because there was NOTHING to find.  Kas BLOCKED the site, so there wasn't even a cookie crumb from it to possibly find.

Hi Mj It wasn;t so much the problem of getting the alert,  it was what Happens when i click discconect from service .. but since i added Admaym.com to my black list and turned adware blocker on in my Kaspersky AV it has stopped . Unforunetly in order to use service like my Adobe CC inDeisgn i have to have ad blocking off. for it to work. with it on they just alert me to turn it on when i sign into Adobe CC so thats not problem .

Just wierd  that companies like Daz are starting to use ad agency. But I guess they want to know what your interested in so they can target you while you surf the web . I also notice My Av  has a new option to block suspious IP address URL's  which i turn on this moring as well. and that seem to stop all those web becons that were trying to track me

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,876

I get warnings on my Galaxy tab about certificate not matching but I get those on Facebook, YouTube and my phone bill payment too so not too worried, just annoying, do not get it on iPad or desktop.

I get warnings on my Galaxy tab about certificate not matching but I get those on Facebook, YouTube and my phone bill payment too so not too worried, just annoying, do not get it on iPad or desktop.

I'm guessing we can expect more of this from all over the web.  its was worth the money for a good AV to block this stuff though

edited August 2015
    Ivy said:

Just wierd  that companies like Daz are starting to use ad agency.

They have been doing this for many years. You may not have noticed because of ADblock, but Daz isn't new to ecommerce. What they are doing is standard practice and they have a lot of experience with it.

edited August 2015

I was not accusing Daz of anything I was just wondering if anyone else was getting these alerts. . But I have to wonder if you are in  the business of selling products why do you need the extra revenue from Paid-Per-Click companies for extra revenue I can under stand a social network or a News orgizeation having them to generate revenue.  but Sites that sells products that does this to target you as you shop the web is just creepy 1984 stuff.. lol

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited August 2015

Daz does not make any extra money from PPC...they spend money on it.

Companies pay the pay-per-click (PPC) companies so that their banners can be shown on their networks of sites. It's a common business practice.

For example, ContentCompany doesn't have a direct relationship with my blog about making corsets. But my blog has a business relationship with LarsOnlineAdvertising. LarsOnlineAdvertising has a relationship with ContentCompany. LarsOnlineAdvertising has relationships with hundreds of blogs. ContentCompany pays Lars to have those sites show banners. But only to people who visited ContentCompany recently. Or other metrics.

They aren't really following you personally, but the tools can determine with use of these cookies, beacons and the like if you are a good target for the ContentCompanies banner advertising. If you use Adblock, you won't see them however. And ContentCompany does not want to waste money showing banners to people who don't buy 3D content. So not everyone on my corset blog will see those ads. Other people might see advertisements for hygiene products from totally unrelated companies.

Half of my webbrowsers don't have adblock because I need to see ads. And ContentCompany marketing is EVERYWHERE. They don't manually pick out all those sites. They have relationships with companies that handle that for them.

I see kind of like what SEO do for for site with meta dta.  still creepy though knowing your being targted becuase you like to visit certian sites, I would imagine google s properly has the most of them and since this new software update from Kaspersky  it shows what I am blocking currently 

Web analytics

Blocked

Google Analytics

Ad agencies

Blocked

• Rakuten MediaForge38
    • Google21
    • AdRoll

Web beacons

Blocked 93

• MediaMath59
    • New Relic15
    • Rfihub.com17
    • Google1
    • Facebook
    edited August 2015

I don't find it creepy because I know it's just automated stuff. And its harmless info. Few banners here and there. Sometimes even special discount.

I do understand that others do find it creepy though. Even harmless marketing will get a few complaints here and there. Generally though, this type of targetting has much better response than blindly doing it.

Yes nearly every site I go to has ads for DAZ 3D

learn something new everyday..lol

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

I don't find it creepy because I know it's just automated stuff. And its harmless info. Few banners here and there. Sometimes even special discount.

I do understand that others do find it creepy though. Even harmless marketing will get a few complaints here and there. Generally though, this type of targetting has much better response than blindly doing it.

Creepy...no.  I understand what it is/how it works.

Annoying...definitely.  Because I understand what it is and how it works.

MJ thats a good saying can i borrow that sometime .Ha Ha smiley

edited August 2015
    mjc1016 said:

I don't find it annoying because I know there are going to be ads there regardless. We know that isn't going to change. I find the video ads that eat up bandwith and start playing audio annoying however.

edited August 2015

yea I had one them the other day at work when i was reading the online  news paper, took me a few seconds to figure out where the noise was coming from..lol

Post edited by Ivy on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,069
    mjc1016 said:

I don't find it annoying because I know there are going to be ads there regardless. We know that isn't going to change. I find the video ads that eat up bandwith and start playing audio annoying however.

I'm stuck with dial-up access at home. As such, I refuse to allow ANY ads to grab my precious bandwidth. :-) I use privoxy ( http://www.privoxy.org/) as a local proxy server; just out of the box it suppresses access to most web bugs and ad servers.

edited August 2015
    namffuak said:
    mjc1016 said:

I'm stuck with dial-up access at home. As such, I refuse to allow ANY ads to grab my precious bandwidth. :-) I use privoxy ( http://www.privoxy.org/) as a local proxy server; just out of the box it suppresses access to most web bugs and ad servers.

I have DLS But still don't want my band width ate up .  Thanks for the infor on the web proxy link. I actually have a web sandbox proxy I could use with my FTP mananger that came with Dreamweaver,  you can set up a proxy to run like a sertver on the FTP manager and run your browser cleint in the sandbox with the proxy you created . I done this a few times to test vaildation for forms . but never really tired using it to browser the web.  it generally allows you to pick and choose what can be loaded on the browser for testing you work ona  web site you uploaded. But I'm pretty it would work for browser the web as well

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited August 2015

what I see

6 blocked ADs

Capture.JPG
    613 x 821 - 143K
    Capture.JPG
    613 x 821 - 143K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on