Rendering output, layers... Diffuse, Shade, Depth...

Before I go into a "request" thread... I am curious if there is a way to get these outputs from the renderings...

I normally export or "isolate-render", things like "Shade-maps", "Depth-maps", "Specular-maps", "Diffuse-maps", etc... (The individual elements that are normally "stacked" to create the final output rendering.) This is done to add greater control and depth and fine-tuning, without harming the original rendered output, or used to create a "My version", of the stacked layers to make the final rendering I need.

Is there some way to do this, in DAZ. Perhaps some hidden or non-obvious setting or area to look to find these common rendering options?

I know you can do a lot of "live-tweaking", with the hidden side-panel in the render-window. Which is essentially just manipulating the individual layers before displaying them, while rendering. However, it isn't the same as having the images available for post-editing, and actually applying alterations to the layers, prior to blending.

(I normally use V-Ray, Kerkythea and/or Maxwell for rendering stuff. They all have these options available.) 

Comments

• JD_MortalJD_Mortal Posts: 758

Found it... There is an "Advanced" tab in Iray-render, with the "Canvas" outputs. Has everything I need, and more...

Not sure what "Beauty" is, but I think that may be the final rendered image. Playing with it now, to see what it produces. I will be back to post the quick renders and show what I was using them for.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

You might want to look here.

• JD_MortalJD_Mortal Posts: 758

Hmmm... Canvas advanced settings don't seem to work. Output for some is actually real, but most are just blank. (Depth, Distance, etc...)

Gloss just looks like noise, and isn't the gloss-overlay, Specular just looks like the final image, not a specular overlay... etc.

I wonder if it just isn't actually implemented yet, and why they hid it in the rendering-screen. xD

Well, I tried... This will be a neat feature if it ever works.

• The .exr files, if opened in Photoshop at least, need adjusting using Image>Adjustments>HDR Toning. Also make sure you have used a Node group, set up at the bottom of the pane, to tell Iray what to render.