Solved (kind of) - Robotics Lab - how to get it to render as in the promo pics?

HeraHera Posts: 1,952

Hello!

I have a problem with the product Robotics Lab. http://www.daz3d.com/robotics-lab When I render with the preloaded light set it either won't render at all or it renders a pic which is mainly black. So I wonder how do I get it to render as in the promo pic? I render in 3D light.

For instance how do I get the red light on the other side of the venetian blinds?

Post edited by Hera on

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511

The preloaded light set for 3DL right? Which version of DS are you using?

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952

Which version of DS are you using?

+ that when I render, everything becomes grainy. Especially the back wall.

• If you are using the default Iray renderer have you tried adjusting the Tone Mapping settings? The defaults are good for daylight outdoors, the lab is presumably a lot darker so it needs a lower shutter speed or fStop or higher Film ISO (or all three).

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Make sure you're using the correct preload for the render engine you're using.

I use the 3D light and render in 3D light and the default light setting renders a pic which is mostly black. And what is not black is unbelievable grainy.

Solution - I remove all the default light and add my own. Trying my best to get something similar to the promo. And then postwork to get rid of most of the graininess and create the haze around the workshop table.