the 980 & 980ti snob thread, Titan users tollerated

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,952
edited August 2015 in The Commons

OK I am a member of a growing upmarket club of lucky 980ti owners

it seems the in thing so started this snooty thread for us to all hang out and show off.

Post benchmarks maybe, solve issues and be generally superior to everyone else except those lucky Titan owners that is cheeky

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,952

in case any missed it, this is supposed to be a bit of a laugh/joke thread so any others may post too

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited August 2015

2 X 980Ti read them and weep Wendy read them and weep !!!devil

980TiGTX.jpg
    800 x 600 - 244K
    Post edited by Midnight_stories on

I am

anyone got 3?

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

May get, or may decide Nvidia's offering for next year is something I can wait for; now it will have something around 17 billion transistors... wow.

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited August 2015

But can it fry eggs ?

Mines pretty good but not sure if they both work in windows 10. Mech4D said she could only get one to work :(

Post edited by Midnight_stories on

Guy at shop said I could use my front fan as a hairdryer

• That explains the hair in the video clips !

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,122

HI , AMD peasant here,,,could I possible trouble my lords and ladies with running a few test renders for me?

I'd like to see the difference in the iray "Rendering Quality" settings that can be found under "Progressive Rendering".The default limits are 0.0 - 10000,0 .

Does V6 become sentient at 5k ,, or something like that?

Thank you in advance :)

• VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 552

Dual SuperClocked Titan X owner here! Welcome, minions! :-P

• Dual Quadro K6000 owner here! Welcome, minions! :-P

edited August 2015

Dual Quadro K6000 owner here! Welcome, minions! :-P

Bleh, if this is to be believed, you're still behind me. :P

Two M6000s, THEN you'd be talkin'! ;)

Post edited by Visuimag on
  • icecrmn said:

HI , AMD peasant here,,,could I possible trouble my lords and ladies with running a few test renders for me?

I'd like to see the difference in the iray "Rendering Quality" settings that can be found under "Progressive Rendering".The default limits are 0.0 - 10000,0 .

The difference is time, not quality (you can set the maximum time to 0 to avoid it ending prematurely).

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,122
    icecrmn said:

The difference is time, not quality (you can set the maximum time to 0 to avoid it ending prematurely).

Do you mean the "Max Time in Seconds" setting? Or does the quality setting have something to do with the total convergence calculation causing it to take more time?

• Yes, set Max Time in Seconds to 0 (I think, maybe -1) to remove time from consideration. You can do the same for the maximum number of samples, leaving only convergence (which is a quality setting) as a stop condition.

• genericffusergenericffuser Posts: 10
    edited August 2015
    Visuimag said:

Bleh, 2 Quadro K6000's coupled along with 4 Intel Xeon E5-4650's, you have a gaming toy compared to my pro workstation ;)

As a long time user and owner of various Xeon workstations used for animation and rendering I've found GPU's will have different results in different machines. You can't compare gaming rigs which were used in the bechmark you provided to pro Xeon machines.

I will try in vain to see if anyone has used Titan's in a workstation with a server / workstation motherboard. Highly unlikely unless it's used as a workstation and gaming rig.

Post edited by genericffuser on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,159
    edited August 2015

Congradulation,  welcome to the Hop-snop-Titans rule club !

Edit I should add mine as well :)

Ivys beast.jpg
    644 x 459 - 49K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • Ivy said:

Is that a gaming PC as I noticed you have your GPU's in SLI?

edited August 2015
    Visuimag said:

Bleh, 2 Quadro K6000's coupled along with 4 Intel Xeon E5-4650's, you have a gaming toy compared to my pro workstation ;)

As a long time user and owner of various Xeon workstations used for animation and rendering I've found GPU's will have different results in different machines. You can't compare gaming rigs which were used in the bechmark you provided to pro Xeon machines.

I will try in vain to see if anyone has used Titan's in a workstation with a server / workstation motherboard. Highly unlikely unless it's used as a workstation and gaming rig.

I think you took me too literally. ;)

That said, I wasn't comparing rigs. It's all about how practical things are. I have two rigs, both with multiple purposes, and I can assure you, while I use the M6000s, the Titan Xs are, for most intents and purposes, very comparable cards. I actually use them more because of gaming, which Quadro cards aren't as good at.

You certainly CAN compare workstation and gaming GPUs, either way. There were a few comparsions of the Titan X and M6000 at their launches, in fact.

yes I had Ibuypower.com build it for me for gaming mosnter its 3d vision  i7 Ivy brdige Intel processor    I ordered it with a samsung scarlet 3d  32" in monitor. that came with gogles,   Running SLI is how it came set up,  I can tell you  this is best rendering machine I ever own., even though I have tons of games i hardly use them anymore since i've been rendering with daz . that is why I refuse to upgrade to windows 10 because this machine was built with & for  windows7 pro and everything i have for programing on it I know run optimal where windows10  not so much.

edited August 2015

Double post

edited August 2015
    Ivy said:

- pic

Hello, fellow Titan X SLI brother!

980 x2   wicked fast renders you can do with it  :)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,630
    edited August 2015

My wife jsut got a new monster PC and has a GTX 980Ti 6GB and it kills in Iray. I have a GTX 960 with 4GB and she can render in half the time

Post edited by frank0314 on

Plus frank the quailty renders are killa

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,630

We were talking about getting me one and her another.

edited August 2015

one card is good but 2 is, like you have to exprience to believe it.  it makes rendering with GPU a blast. working with HDRi is incrediable , at first I was wary about spending some much to get them. But after having them awhile I'm glad i did 

Post edited by Ivy on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,003
    frank0314 said:

We were talking about getting me one and her another.

Get me one, too, while you're at it! devil

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,086
    edited August 2015

Might as well add mine to the list.

geforce.jpg
    1459 x 1701 - 566K
    Post edited by namffuak on
  • Are Titan Z's and Titan Blacks allowed in this thread.??

S.K.

Yes, it's all in fun and jest

i was just taking the mickey out of all those gaming forums and YouTube users boasting about their rigs actually as someone with just an Intel chip could create excellent art, just might take a tad longer and a person with 4 Xenons and a bookcase of cards on a rack might produce utter crap is all in the skill of the user.

also I know zilch about hardware, the guy at the shop talked me into it instead of a Titan X for value for money.