V7 eye morphs

I recently purchased V7 and the accompanying morphs.  I was trying to "migrate" a character I did on V5 years ago to V7, but was surprised to see that there are not as many detailed morphs for the eyes in the latest Victoria.  Specifically, I don't see anything for customizing the eye shape with eyelids top inner height and outer height which really let you give a particular character.. well.. character.  Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Comments

• JD_MortalJD_Mortal Posts: 758

Nope... No real default face morphs yet, beyond the standard ones.

Got a request, I'll setup a few for personal use.

I am just using the DFormer and the painting trick to make all my custom alterations.

• LesleyLesley Posts: 9

I'm mostly looking to control the apex of the curve of the upper and lower eyelid.  I did it before with the inner upper height, inner outer height, and I think there was an inner/outer lower counterpart, but I haven't double checked that yet. 

Playing around with the eyes now... (Little difficult, because of the blink and look-around morphs. They are in competition for the same control-points.)

Yes, I desired those same "common" and "important" controls too... More than HD lips and foot-scales. xD. Who looks at feet?

The only thing I don't know how to do, is make the morphs "stay", by default, so they show as constant options for editing. (Rich may help me, or someone will.) I normally just load them as I need them, and they save with the scene. (I kind-of like that my morphs are not ALSO cluttering-up the screen, only the ones I use.

I will wrap them up and send you a link to them. Use them, or not... It's worth the effort, for me. :)

Thank you!  I'll post a photo of V5 version and V7 (really really rough) version.

The individual is V7, the 3 view is my dear V5.

kai_V7_03_front.png
    800 x 471 - 399K
    11906976_10207354890928949_2032000477_o.jpg
    2048 x 704 - 136K
    edited August 2015

Still working on it... Came back after hitting a wall... I am Okay now... Back in business.

Looking at the pics...

The eye-tilt, was the next step on my list. Just finished the eyelid arch (raise and lower). Not the same as eyelids up and down, but similar. Works with all eye functions so far. However, you have to unlock the "look-down" control if shaping the eyes with a large lower curve. (Top and bottom has to match, for eyes to still blink-closed. Which is why it is not the same as the other controls, which is just adjusting the blink, with a linear form. This adjusts the actual curves.)

Noticed too, that the new eye is not correct. It is not round... or it is off-center and broken. Someone at Daz must have slipped... Great, now that deformed eye is a core element of the Gen-3 model. (Look to the inner or outter, and the lacrimal slides into the pupil, then has a gap looking the other way. Don't look to the left or right, and all your GEN-3 models will be fine.)

NOTE TO SELF: Report the broken and deformed eyes of the Gen-3-female base model.

Post edited by JD_Mortal on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited August 2015

Can you show what you mean?  Did you adjust the rigging after you re-imported your morph with MLP?  You might need to do a Morph Corrective Morph depending on how you changed the eyes.

Also, I don't see anything wrong with the eyes; they are round and centered as they should be.  Are you seeing this on your base or after your morph?  Screenshots would be helpful.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
    edited August 2015

Can you show what you mean?  Did you adjust the rigging after you re-imported your morph with MLP?  You might need to do a Morph Corrective Morph depending on how you changed the eyes.

No need to do corrective stuff... it was the default model, in the default 0,0,0 setup, with nothing added to it, except the DFormer tool. (Which, by the way, inserts itself off-center, messing up symmetry and adjustments. Double-check that you clear the scale and rotation and translations on that tool if you ever add one to a model. It matters... a lot...)

The issue is not so easy to show in still-photos. But, you can see a little of the issue in the animation. When working with the model, you see it slice-through the offset eye. As well as the "Bulge" poking through when you attempt to rotate the lids in a perfect (center) to the eye. They fold into the eye at the extreme upper and lower limits. (Who looks-up that far! xD Aliens! My xGF when she rolled her eyes... Same-same.)

The issue sort-of fixes itself, making the issue look worse, as the eye looks-in to the nose.

Also, the eyes are a little "cross", due to not being "humanly centered". (Part of the issue too, with the collision of the pupil with the lacrimal flesh. Should actually be bumped or weight-mapped to move inward, as the pupil would normally push it in, and the muscles. Looking away, it should extend out, as the eye-shape and muscles push it out. Operates backwards, by not moving at all, and instead popping-out through the eye-white, over the cornea.)

Attached are the error-issues (not related to the morph, just the default eyes on the model.) EDIT: It WAS an animated GIF... Daz turned it into a static GIF... WTH!

The other attachment is the 100%, 50% up and down, and default "Center" eyelid curves. (Result is a natural flat bottom and higher proportioned upper-arch, or a stronger natural lower-arch and lower upper-arch.) Retaining the ability to "blink", "close-eyes", "wink", etc... as poses. This uses the "Shapes" location, so resetting the models POSE, will not disturb the eye-shape. Unlike attempting to use the upper and lower "Raise and lower" poses. Which is just the individual open/close morphs that get disrupted by other controls and morphs.

Nothing special... Yet... Had to se this up, for rendering and had to fix a control setting first. (Working on the rotate eye-angle next.) I expect that Daz will soon have all these anyways. I am not giving these superior detailing and complexity. They function... With the morphs, and eye-controls... That is all that matters to me.

EyeError.gif
    530 x 265 - 283K
    Eyes-adjust.jpg
    1869 x 1080 - 471K
    edited August 2015
    Known issue
    Kerya said:

Not the same issue... The issue here is the default Gen3, not a gen2-conversion, the lacrimal flesh... That flesh in the corner, where your tear-duct is located. It "jumps out" getting larger, and overlaps the cornea. Due to the collision-adjusting and the eye-bulge, pulling it up and out over the eye, and lack of it not moving "away" when the cornea approaches it, like it should do. Instead, the corners of the eyes move away, making the lacrimal look larger. The corners of your eyes don't move when you look left and right, only when you blink, they PULL-IN from the muscle tension. Look at your eye in the mirror and close one of them. (No lacrimal is that large, unless it is infected. xD) That isn't a bug, that is poor modeling and design. Like the ears not being correctly proportioned, or located behind the jaw correctly. (Top of ear to top of eyelids, bottom of ear to bottom of nose, ear canal behind jaw. Where it should be. Where it is... ear in front of jaw, impossible for ear-canal to pass through bone of jaw, and looks abnormally "forward". Ear-height is aligned to top brow, and bottom nearly to top of lip... That is ape-ears.)

Don't get me started on the face positioning and lack of temples and the abnormal neck attachment position to the skull... xD

This is what happens when you use "posed" models as a reference for design, photographed with a "Look sexy for the camera, yea, pucker those lips... Tilt your head... Hold on, let me get my 8mm fish-eye lens..." Then design the model without correcting for head-tilt, and 8mm correction and fish-eye deformations, and photo-shopped blow-up lips to "look sexy". Then stack 8mm deformations on top of 8mm projections, on top of the exaggerated depth of rendering-engines... Looks good from two angles... Direct frontal view, from a long-shot camera, zoomed-in, and from a side profile... any other angle, and it looks plastic, fake, dis-proportioned to humans, but reeeeeeaaaal close... With real flesh. (I am a photographer, clay modeler, 3D modeler, programmer, pen/pencil artist, architect... I promise, I know what I am talking about. I was studying the human figure decades before Daz was more than a borrowed dream.)

Not to mention the mixture of "Age proportions" within the model. Eyes look 12, skin looks 30-ish, wrinkles look 20-ish, cranium looks 10-ish (lack of temples), lips look.. well, I can't say or my post will be removed again.

Ok, back to my corner...

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited August 2015

What is the exact name of the dials you are using?  Eyelids Upper Up-Down and Eyelids Lower Up-Down?  I'm unable to produce what you're showing in the second attachment.  If I understand correctly, you are keeping the eyes centered and only opening and closing the upper and lower lids?

(minor note:  you got your quoting messed up as kerya was the one that said "known issue")

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • MallenLaneMallenLane Posts: 159
    edited August 2015

-

Post edited by MallenLane on
    edited August 2015

The second attachment is my morphs... They are fine. (Good that you can't reproduce them. xD. I did well then!)

Sorry, the quote-thing did that... Website glitch

The "Issue" I was pointing to, was the normal "Look side/side" eye motion. The Lacrimalis flesh (The inner pink triangle of flesh which is used to help distribute tears from the Lacrimalis duct. Distributing the moisture equally and acting as a squeegee to collect eye-junk.)

I only mentioned the "issue", because it was limiting the eye-morphing ability, at the moment, that I was working on. Letting anyone reading this, also making eye-morphs, to take that little "abnormality" into consideration or to avoid it, or "fix it", themselves as they make eye-morphs. It is something that you may not normally notice, until after spending hours making a morph, saving it, distributing it, then see it crop-up later in renderings where someone decides to zoom-in on the eyes after using your morphs at dramatic limits.

This is another one of those tweaks that people seem to forget, ignore, or just not know about. (I have a few eye-shapes for older models, they have similar issues. Mostly the eyelids just jump-off the eyes, or the Lacrimalis will have a deformity abnormal to the direction of the eye, making it lift-off or shrink and gap, or distort.)

Got one tiny hurdle left, and then all my eye-mods will be complete, ready for you to test-out.

There are about eleven so-far, with enough subtle variation to suit everyones major needs. Well, not the anime-crowd, or the "age modifiers"... (Have to play with Iris mods next, to appease them.)

I wanted to use more "Medical", "Scientific", and "Programmer" terms... but opted to use more "Civilian", "Human", "Artistic" terms for the modifications, where possible.

Let me know if any of these sound... Too "Odd"... -[These are just NOTES: in here]-

Eye Adj Horizon (Down-up) -[Moves the whole eye and lids, upward or downward.]-
    Eye Adj Inclination (Rotate) -[Tilts the Horizon, eye-corners. From cat-like to seal-like. Both corners at once, rotated.]-
    Eye Adj Vertical (In-Out) -[Moves the whole eye and lids, from the nose, toward the nose or toward the ear. A linear vertical eye-gap.]-
    Eye Adj Vertical (Rotate) -[Rotates the whole eye and lids, on the eye-axis, toward the nose or toward the ear. Not a linear vertical eye-gap, but still and eye-gap.]-
    Eye Adj Commissure Inner (Pinch) -[Lacrimalis Pinch]-
    Eye Adj Commissure Outter (Pinch) -[Outter-corner Pinch]-
    Eye Adj Lacrimalis (Correction) -[Reduced size, avoiding the Pupil, retaining function as the gap-filler.]-
    Eye Adj Lid Bottom (Inner Arch) -[Puppy-dog lower eyelid shape]-
    Eye Adj Lid Bottom (Outter Arch) -[Evil supermodel lower eyelid shape]-
    Eye Adj Lid Top (Inner Arch) -[Puppy-dog upper eyelid shape]-
    Eye Adj Lid Top (Outter Arch) -[Evil supermodel upper eyelid shape]-

Getting help for mirroring the symetrical-points, but anit-symetrical morph distortions... Then I will be finished.

These sound wonderful!  I can't wait.  Thank you so much.