Add to Smart Content

r.klaij@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 207
edited February 2023 in Freebies

Some freebies have support files but those won't be added automaticly to the content database.
So I made a simple popup box script that can add Smart Content files to your content database.

zip

zip
zip
Add to Smart Content.zip
Promo.png
776 x 210 - 21K
Post edited by [email protected] on

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148

Sounds useful!  Thanks so much! 

• I noticed this script also works for the Daz products where the image for the smart content is missing.
    When I run the script on those items the image is back, nice side effect of the script :)

• atoxicatoxic Posts: 134

Thanks. An useful add on.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,035

Oh, what a useful script, thanks for sharing it @Websoul! I have a lot of broken thumbnails, so I look forward to trying it out this weekend!

• Sometimes Smart Content is a mystery to me.
    For instance, this product https://www.daz3d.com/kumi-leiko-and-dress-for-genesis-8-females is one of the many products that has no promo image for the smart content.
    I have checked the image name, image size, store name in the metadata and everything looks good so it should work, I even uninstalled and reinstalled the product and still no image.
    I run my script and YAY the image is finally there.

Restart Daz, and its gone frown

very frustrating since everything should be working.
    Maybe I should just mail Support with the ever growing list of products without a product image.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,629

Websoul said:

I have checked the image name, image size, store name in the metadata and everything looks good so it should work, I even uninstalled and reinstalled the product and still no image.
    I run my script and YAY the image is finally there.

Restart Daz, and its gone frown

Do you log into your account within Daz Studio?  If you do then Daz Connect will replace all the thumbnails with it's own version on application launch.  Since these are not stored alongside the DSX files in Runtime/Support but in the Connect cloud folder then Daz Connect will update the thumbnail path in the database to point to this new location.

• @SofaCitizen ... thank you so much. I thought I was going crazy looking for why the thumbnail would not show up.
    That also explains why the thumbnail showed up when I ran my script, at that point it took the support thumbnail untill Daz loaded again and it went back to meta data.

It seems that several products including 1_74265 have no JSON and no JPG in the cloud.meta folder.
    So When I copy, rename and  paste the image from the support folder to the meta folder the product has a thumbnail so it does seem to get it from there.

I guess I will just spam Support with missing thumbnail requests since it is an issue with the cloud / metadata side of things and I can fix it for now but in event of a reinstall they will be lost again.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,629

No worries, glad to shed some light on the issue. Sending a ticket to support would probably be best as I know that Daz Connect messes with any manual changes you might make to DSX files so you might find that your manually added thumbnail gets removed next time you start up Daz because it doesn't match what Connect has on the server.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,035

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I stopped loging in from within DAZ Studio, images that were there just started disappearing. And I sometimes like to use Smart Content to quickly check what the outfits look like when I'm kitbashing.