A Few Daz Studio Questions

I have two installations of Poser, Poser Pro 2012 and Poser 10.  I tried to install the DSON Importer into Poser Pro 2012 and followed the directions to the letter, but it doesn't work.  Is there a compatibility issue with Windows 10, I"m wondering.  I can't think of anything I could have done wrong.  I used the path that was specified by the documentation here and I could view the Genesis Figure in my library but it came back with an error saying it cold not locate the figure.I may just use Genesis in Daz Studio 4.8 and not try to use it in Poser.

Secondly, I have the Toon Generation Characteres.  I have a Poser directory just for them and I want to buy some add-ons for them.  Will I be able to just download the Poser Installer and specify that direction without using the Importer Program.  I can use the importer to install the Daz Studio Files, but since I can access the Poser content library where I have the stuff stored do I need to have the separate installation as well?  Is all the new Poser compatible content DSON stuff that will go into a DS directory?  I would like to keep my Poser stuff in my organized Poser Libraries.

I would like to render some characters against a null background including teh Daz Studio groundplain and just the blue background.  When I render something without a backdrop I'm getting a transparent background, which would be great if I wanted to composite my figures, burt sometiems I just want a blank, empty background with a ground plane to catch shadows.  In Poser I can render my characters on a null background like this and just specify what colors I want that background to be--it's default is brown, but I can do white or any color I want.  I haven't used DS in years and it seems a lot has changed.  I used to be able to render my figures agains the blank blue background that you see while posing your figures.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

DId you install BOTH "Genesis Starter Essentials" and "Genesis Starter Essentials PoserCF"?  The former has the textures, geometries, etc., the PoserCF just has the loader files.

The Toon Generations are in native Poser format, they don't require the DSON Importer.

If you want an actual ground plane, create a primitive plane and apply whatever texture you wish to it.

For a non-transparent background go to Window > Pane > Environment, under Type select Backdrop, then you can set the color and/or add an image.

• Thanks Fixmypcmike, things have changed dramatically in Studio since the last version I used.  Somehow I'd missed installing the Genesis Starter Essentials PoserCF--it wasn't showing up in the downloads manager.  Now DSON works. 

My D/S content loads very slowly, in D/S and Poser--is there anyway to get it to go faster?