Daz3D and Remote Desktop?

Boy, I really, really could use some help with this one.

I travel a lot for work and thus am limited to working with Daz on a laptop currently,  It works OK, but I really want to build a strong machine so I can get my render times under control.  I know that using Daz with a render farm (optimal solution) won't work.  Does anyone have experience using any remote desktop application to work with a Daz machine over the internet?  I tried Team Viewer and it is a complete fail.  For some reason you cannot control the cursor when it's in the Daz workspace.

Any ideas or experience?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I doubt you'll get a fast enough response time to manipulate things in the viewport.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

Using DAZ Studio via TightVNC within my home network is snappy, but have no experience using it over the internet.  It's free, so you have nothing to loose out of pocket for trying.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,781
    edited September 2015

I've operated Daz through Chrome Remote Desktop on my phone - but only to load scenes, start renders and perhaps turn some visibilities on or off. My method is to get everything posed and cameras placed on my PC while I'm at home. Then I do the actual rendering remotely while I'm at work - it's really helped my workflow on slow-rendering scenes.

Post edited by chris-2599934 on
  • I've used gotomypc to do this, but frankly there is a lag even with the fastest internet connection.  I can work if I only use the parameter sliders and not the viewport to manipulate the model.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

Today I had the chance to try DazStudio through TeamViewer, using high-speed connections on both the host and the remote computer. There's no way this can work out well. :D It's okay to start a render, load a pre-made scene, but not much more.