Figures come into scene at 88% scale

Sometimes figure come into the scene scaled to 88% (or, rarely, another number, but overwhelmingly 88%). Which is confusing, since I use real-world measurements and my scenes have people of different sizes. So I'll bring in my shortest character (151cm) and she looks like a mini-child compared to a default DAZ figure who comes in at 100%. This happens even when the scale is locked on the preset (as per my short character). Is there a way to override whatever is causing this scaling?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

How were the presets made?

• I saved the all with the File | Save As | Character Preset.

Were these dial spun morphs, or morphs made in a modeling program?

• Dial-spun. Although I just brought in a Genesis 2 Female (the base DAZ model) and she came in at 88%, too. It happens more often than not, regardless of whether its my own dial-spun figure or a purchased character from DAZ or elsewhere.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854

If I recall correctly the percentages are based off of another shape. I can't remember if it is G1 or no though. At any rate any shape but the core shape would be a +/- of that figure and not of themselves.

On G2F, does the 88% show up on the Scale parameters, or as a morph?  What non-Daz morphs do you have installed?

• The 88% shows up on the scale perameters. I don't have many non-DAZ morphs installed, but don't think I could readily sort them out. This doesn't appear to be morph-driven. Maybe Khory's recollection is correct and the Genesis 2 figures are scaled to 88% for some reason. 

In the Parameters pane, what do you see when you click on "Currently Used"?

• Scale (88%)

SubD Level (Minimum) (1)

Teen Ellie Head (41.8%)

BBGiaLFeet (0.0%)

BBGiaRFeet (0.0%)

I never notices the "Currently Used" tab. That's great to know about.

That's for the base G2F?  Looks like you've got a morph that's been set to be active by default, and given that it's a teen morph that's probably where the scale comes from.

• Teen Ellie does show up all the time. Is there someway to deactivate it? It's a great morph, but I don't want it setting scale, etc.

• And thanks for helping me to troubleshoot this :)

Is there a single morph slider to apply the character?

• Yep. And it appears to only effect the height. It would be nice to lock that out without losing the chance to have it when I want it, but at least now I can see if it's active and adjust accordingly

In the Parameters pane, click on the gear for that morph dial and choose "Parameter Properties", then set the Default to 0, and then Save Modified Asset, that should fix it.

• Thank you.