Possible to Conform Elements Only of a Figure?

For items that can be conformed to a figure in Poser, is it possible to only conform selected elements to a figure instead of its entirety? For example, having a Hair figure that follows head and neck, but not have it follow the chest such as to make it look like it sweeps instead of sticks to a figure's back.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

No, not usually...especially hair.  If the item is something like armor, then maybe, because it would be possible to break it back down into 'parts' and do them individually.

• I would make a morph to break up the conformity. Morph the hair around the chest to the position you need.

• Oh. How do you do that then, if there's not a tutorial or something sitting around that I can find? Or... if it would be possible to turn off bending for one of the elements. If that'd work right.

• have you ever used hexagon, blender or anything like that?

Or does Poser have any tools built in for making morphs? I know Daz Studio has Deformers, which allow users to make morphs without using another software. But I don't know about Poser.

• I have Blender sitting around, but I never got used to it. As for making Morphs, that's something I've never tried, so I'm clueless in that department as well. Don't even know how to. And I have Poser 10.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Magnets are one way to go about it in Poser...and doen't it have a morph brush?

• No idea! D:

• No idea! D:

Sorry, I don't know poser but I am pretty sure you can make morphs inside of poser. Once you learn how to make morphs it will open the door for you, so I do encourage you to find a method you like. Even if it's not for this particualar issue right now.

• Poser indeed has a morph brush and it will do what you want

Poser also has a manual and room help tabs