Searching for an object or file in DS

I apologise if this has been addressed previously but searching the forums can be difficult at times...

I recently installed DS on a new computer and moved over some of my old runtime's in the process. All is fine, however, For some reason the search feature in studio won't find files that I know are there. This seemed to work just fine in the past. Is there something I'm missing like a setting that offers a deep search or so? Daz Studio 4.8 on windows 10 pro.

Comments

• Have you reimported your metadata? If you had done no customisation to categories on the old machine you should be able to open the Content Library option menu (lined button in the top corner, or right-click the tab), select Content DB Maintenance, check Re-import Metadata and the just Accept that dialogue and the next.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Try re-importing metadata, then "Scan Known Directories for Content" if you have content that wasn't installed with DIM.

• JPayneJPayne Posts: 79
    edited September 2015

Richard, DS was a new installation as was a lot of my purchases. The new purchases I have no issues locating. It was the older directories containing much older Daz product and other product like Poser and Renderosity stuff I couldn't locate through the search feature. I'm actually in the process of Taking Mike's suggestion and Scanning known directories for content. I have a feeling this will do the trick. Thank you to both of you for offering some help. Pretty sure this will do the trick:)

This did the trick... Can locate anything that has a name going back over a decade's worth of content. Thanks again guys.

Post edited by JPayne on