Install Manager

My DAZ Studio had gotten corrupted. I had difficulty uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but I have DazStudio Pro 4.8 Installed. Nou I'm having troubles with the Install Manager..

I went to the DAZ Store 
Then the DAZ product Library 
I selected an Item from the Product Library List 
I tried hitting the 'Large /Green/Download and Install button, the window went white... 
I then started again and this time pushed the Smaller/Green/Down load and install Button, The Window went white again. 
PLEASE HELP

The The Install Manager Has a Icon on My Desk Top, If I click on it it opens, but I can't get to The Install Manager from the DAZ Store and The Product Libtary. The green Down / Istall button just sends me to a whie screen. Can anyone Please Help?

The problem may be me, I may be doing / done something wrong, but two monthr trying to get an answer is a long time..

Comments

• The The Install Manager Has a Icon on My Desk Top, If I click on it it opens, but I can't get to The Install Manager from the DAZ Store and The Product Libtary. The green Down / Istall button just sends me to a whie screen. Can anyone Please Help?

When you run the DIM from the desktop, can you log in correctly to the store, and see your products in the Ready to Download tab? 

When I click on either of the green buttons, I immediately get a pop-up window that asks me if I want to allow the website to open a program on my computer, do you get that far at least?

• I went to the DAZ Store 
    I tried hitting the 'Large /Green/Download and Install button, the window went white... 
    I then started again and this time pushed the Smaller/Green/Down load and install Button, The Window went white again. 

There is a Install Manager on my desk top, I can access the Install Manger from the desktop, but not from the DAZ Store.

When I click on either of the green buttons, I immediately get a pop-up window that asks me if I want to allow the website to open a program on my computer, do you get that far at least?

No pop up window! just a white screen.

When you run the DIM from the desktop, can you log in correctly to the store, and see your products in the Ready to Download tab? 

I run the DIM ...how do I log 'correctly' to the store?

• DIM should prompt you for your email and store password when launched, make sure you enter those correctly and it should show all your items in the Ready to Download tab.

• I re-installed "Install Manager"  

The previous " Install Manager" Install was uninstalled

I ran Install Manager as an Admin.

I selected it to launch the Install Manager program

The Install Manager Program window came up.

My E-Mail address was already in the program, but I checked it, it was correct.

My password was also already in the program. I couldn't read it to check it, I re-typed it in.

I noticed a block asking about "off line " I left that unchecked.

I went to the DAZ Store 

There is a Install Manager Icon on my desk top, I can access the Install Manger from the desktop Icon, but not from the DAZ Store.

If I;m doing something I can't figure out what it is.

I can't access the "Install Manager" through the DAZ Store, as I indicated obove..

• When you ran DIM from your computer, did it log in to the Store, did it accept your username and password?

Did DIM populate your Ready to Download tab?   Can you download any products using DIM without going to the store?

Before we can sort out what is happening when you try to download directly from the store, we need to know if DIM is working as it should anyway.   DIM can download directly from the store when it is installed properly, but it is much simpler to use it from your machine to see what you have available, and what has already been installed.

• When you ran DIM from your computer, did it log in to the Store, did it accept your username and password?

Yes

Did DIM populate your Ready to Download tab?   Can you download any products using DIM without going to the store?

Yes

I can activate the "Install Manager" by clicking on the "Install Manager Icon" on my Desk Top.

• It should work from the store by clicking the green links, but to me at least, that is a minor problem.   You can download and install any items that you have bought using DIM from your desktop, why do you need to do it from the store as well?

What browser are you using?   Have you tried using a different browser?   Do you get the box popping up that asks for you permission to open a program on your computer when you click on a green link in the store?

• It should work from the store by clicking the green links, but to me at least, that is a minor problem.   You can download and install any items that you have bought using DIM from your desktop, why do you need to do it from the store as well?

Because I have about 3 thousand items from DAZ alone, (not counting other sites. I can't remember all the items or all their names. I need the Store option, not the Desk top Option.

What browser are you using? 

A.O.L.

Have you tried using a different browser?

No! I've been using AOL on your site for 15 years.

Do you get the box popping up that asks for you permission to open a program on your computer when you click on a green link in the store?

No. 

All I'm asking is things to function as they are suppose to. I need the store to function not the Desk Top . Please don't say it is a minior problem, it isn't to me.This problem showed up after re-installing DAZ Studio PRO 4.8. I do appreicate you trying to help, and I thank you for your efforts. I really hope there is a fix for the problem. I need to go through all my 2800+ items and determine which I'm going to install in DAZ Studio Pro ( I have some very old items ). I hope you can help...  Please. 

• BTW, does the DAZ Store or DAZ Studio Pro have any problems with Windows 10?

• The Product Library and the list in Install Manager show the same names, how is Install Manager not giving you what you need? There are filter options which may help.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Wouldn't it be easier going through the product list in DIM and right clicking the items you don't want installed and setting them to hidden? That way they wont be downloaded and you will only install the items you want.

• The Product Library and the list in Install Manager show the same names, how is Install Manager not giving you what you need? There are filter options which may help

I really depended on the Product Library for the product images to help me decide what or where to download/install..I may not be explaining myself well. I was hoping I could get things working as they are susposed to., like they did before. 2800+ items are a lot of work if I have to go to two places. Fortunely I don't have any trouble at any of the other sites

Wouldn't it be easier going through the product list in DIM and right clicking the items you don't want installed and setting them to hidden? That way they wont be downloaded and you will only install the items you want.

I'd still have to check the imagesas well as the names.. Please understand, I'm trying to find a way to FIX the problem. I've been with DAZ since 2002.

Don't Worry, Be Happy. 

I remember that song when it was popular...it drove me crazy, but thanks for the thought.

I'm not a tech person like most of you here, but I respect your knowledge, and that's why I'm here. I'm hoping my problem is 'fixable'.. Your help/effort is appreicated, thank you..

• I really depended on the Product Library for the product images to help me decide what or where to download/install..I may not be explaining myself well. I was hoping I could get things working as they are susposed to., like they did before. 2800+ items are a lot of work if I have to go to two places. Fortunely I don't have any trouble at any of the other sites

The product images are also available inside DIM, just click on the 'i'  icon to the right of the item you are interested in as shown in the image below.

Untitled-1.jpg
    750 x 570 - 287K
    Untitled-1.jpg
    750 x 570 - 287K
  • I really depended on the Product Library for the product images to help me decide what or where to download/install..I may not be explaining myself well. I was hoping I could get things working as they are susposed to., like they did before. 2800+ items are a lot of work if I have to go to two places. Fortunely I don't have any trouble at any of the other sites

The product images are also available inside DIM, just click on the 'i'  icon to the right of the item you are interested in as shown in the image below.

Or select everything, using the check-box in the column heading bar, right-click in the list and select Thumbnails>Download All Selected. You will then get a thumbnail in the pop-up file info when you hover over a product in the list.

• I want to thank everyone for their erfforts. I have a -workaround now-, thanks for your help.

If anyone can find the reason why The Install Manager and theProduct Library won't function together as they did before, it would be much appreicated.

Thanks again.

• Since the permissions box does not appear at all, I would suggest that some setting in your AOL browser may need to be changed.    There is proably a setting for other websites to run EXE files, like 'Always Ask' or 'Never Run' or 'Always Run'.   Maybe an AOL forum could be of more help?

• The product library and DIM communicates through what is called a "protocol handler", they are a handy relic of earlier times of the internet. What it does is creates a link that starts with something like "daz3dim://" and DIM registers with the operating system when it installs that it can handle those.

Unfortunately since those 3rd party protocol handlers (which is what DIM is) have started to be abused by malicious software we are getting browser updates to disable that functionality. We have had some discussions internally about a workaround but I can't commit to any timelines on it. So just know that we are aware of the problem and are working for a solution.

• Thanks for the explanation.