A little bit of confusion about product promo images

I seem to recall reading an official statement that said promo images would have no logo if they were 3Delight and an Iray logo if done with Iray.

Looking at today's new products I note that Nova Hair and Steampunk Boots only list 'DAZ Studio Iray Material Preset' and yet none of the promo images have a logo, suggesting they are done in 3Delight.  So, do they have 3Delight materials or not, and with what render engine were the promo images produced?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

PAs do their own promos, and it is not compulsory to use the official logos.  I notice Aeon Soul have used their own logo on the main promo, and the other product is from a newer PA who may not have copies of the official logs yet.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

All of which tends to make a mockery of the 'official statement' concerning promo images.

I'll have to have a hard think about buying those items!  Thanks for the info and any frustration is not aimed at the messenger! :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Can you remember who made the "Official Statement"

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    Chohole said:

Can you remember who made the "Official Statement"

I've been doing my damdest! ;)  I'll have a look but I do not hold out much hope with the forum search (lack of) functionality ;)