DAZ 4.8 Update via Install Manager Broke DAZ

It may just be my bad luck, but I installed an update for DAZ via Install Manager today and it has not installed correctly. Opening DAZ, everything is white (unskinned, perhaps?) and menus are not displaying correctly (e.g. I went to the View menu to try and change the style, and just got a black box).

I am backing up my library right now and will reinstall from a download of DAZ I just took from this site. I hope it will work (and that it will not wipe my library... it takes about three hours to back the thing up so it would take the same to replace it).

The reason for the update was that whenever I navigated through the content library, boxes would appear to the left of it, overlaying my scene. I could make them disappear by mousing over them, but it was annoying, and I thought the update might fix it. I am hoping at least that bug will be gone when I have DAZ working again!

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

That 'whiteout' condition usually is the result of updating while Studio is running.  A reinstall, overtop (because it does uninstall the previous install as part of the install process) usually cures it.  Just make sure that Studio is completely closed before starting the install.  There's no NEED to backup the content...but it is a good idea, anyway.

• Thanks, mjc1016. DAZ was closed at the time of the install, but that is useful to point out. The backup is almost done now so hopefully I can reinstall and get working again.